Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Canada PR and have to make first entry before 10 Oct 2017. Currently, I'm in Australia. In order to validate Canada PR, I'm planning my trip to Canada in the first week of Oct 2017. I don't wish to stay longer, because I have few things to wind up in Australia. I'll be staying just for a couple of weeks.

However, I recently came to know that permanent residents must have PR card in order to return to Canada again. PR card takes about 45 days to arrive on the mentioned address. Since, I'm not planning to stay that long, I'm quite clueless on how to tackle this situation.

Can I give my friend's address and have him receive my card and later he can courier me? Or, is there any better way to deal with this situation?

Could someone please help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got Canada PR and have to make first entry before 10 Oct 2017. Currently, I'm in Australia. In order to validate Canada PR, I'm planning my trip to Canada in the first week of Oct 2017. I don't wish to stay longer, because I have few things to wind up in Australia. I'll be staying just for a couple of weeks.

However, I recently came to know that permanent residents must have PR card in order to return to Canada again. PR card takes about 45 days to arrive on the mentioned address. Since, I'm not planning to stay that long, I'm quite clueless on how to tackle this situation.

Can I give my friend's address and have him receive my card and later he can courier me? Or, is there any better way to deal with this situation?

Hello
We are in exactly same situation. How did you tackled the problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Again, start winding up 1-2 months before leaving to tie off the loose ends of important matters.

You should be going with the intent to stay, not go then come back: you're just wasting money flying.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey there,

Well one thing you can try is to give the address of someone known whom you trust. Once the PR card is delivered ask them to post it to you.
This is a risky method in my opinion.

I hope it helps.
Regards
Geet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.