Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a tricky question for everyone.

I am planning to apply for the175 visa (System Analyst) in the next couple of weeks and I had a question regarding the employment requirement for the same.

Q) Do I need to get my employment assessed by ACS to claim the 5 points for employment? Also, is the assessment required to qualify for the basic requirement of 12months work in the last 24months before applying for the visa?

The reason for this question is that I had provided only my qualification to be assessed by ACS. For some reason, I did not read the basic requirement then. Anyways, I already have a positive assessment for my education.

I have already asked the question to ACS, who advised that my employment needs to be assessed by them for me to claim the 5 points.

I called up DIAC with the same question and they said the skill assessment is to confirm my education relates to my nominated occupation. To prove the employment requirement, the applicant is requested to provide the employment information like payslips, etc :eek:

This has confused me a bit. :confused2: Can someone please advise who is right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's indeed a very simple question

For applying 175 ,one have to score 65 or more to be eligible

Having said that ,I suppose VISA 175 is skilled migrant visa which means full time employment in chosen field is required to prove that you are skilled worker

For example , I need to claim 10 points for my 5 years to exp to score 65 overall

Some claim 5 points if exp is less than 5 years but I guess u need to have some years of exp to apply this visa

I hope this help

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's indeed a very simple question

For applying 175 ,one have to score 65 or more to be eligible

Having said that ,I suppose VISA 175 is skilled migrant visa which means full time employment in chosen field is required to prove that you are skilled worker

For example , I need to claim 10 points for my 5 years to exp to score 65 overall

Some claim 5 points if exp is less than 5 years but I guess u need to have some years of exp to apply this visa

I hope this help
Thank you for your reply. I do have work experience in a System Analyst related role. The only concern that I have is whether it is mandatory to get the employment assessed by the assessing body to get the 5 points?
Can I submit my employment documents with out being assessed by ACS?

Also, while filling in the 175 application, is the applicant asked to confirm if the employment has been assessed by the assessing body?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I do have work experience in a System Analyst related role. The only concern that I have is whether it is mandatory to get the employment assessed by the assessing body to get the 5 points?
Can I submit my employment documents with out being assessed by ACS?

Also, while filling in the 175 application, is the applicant asked to confirm if the employment has been assessed by the assessing body?
Yes, while applying for the visa you are asked if an assessing body has assessed your application and the reference number of your application. Later, they would also require you to upload the result of that assessment along with the other required docs.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes ,you do need to asses your employment years from your assessment body to claim points for your exp years

It is mandatory requirement for this visa

Good luck with your visa !!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, while applying for the visa you are asked if an assessing body has assessed your application and the reference number of your application. Later, they would also require you to upload the result of that assessment along with the other required docs.

Good Luck!!
Thank you for confirming that info. Am I right in saying that this question is in the employment section of the application?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thank you for confirming that info. Am I right in saying that this question is in the employment section of the application?
Question about you having had your skills assessed is asked on the second or third page of the application well ahead of the employment details section. You would have to answer the below question even before you enter your personal details.

"Has a relevant assessing authority assessed your skills as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation?"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question about you having had your skills assessed is asked on the second or third page of the application well ahead of the employment details section. You would have to answer the below question even before you enter your personal details.

"Has a relevant assessing authority assessed your skills as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation?"

Hope this helps.

This does help. Thank you for taking your time to reply to my post.

Good Luck with your visa processing. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.