Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

As previously mentioned that I got RC in UK under eea2.my wife is Hungarian.i want to find out do I need any visa if I traveling in any EEA country or my RC Is enough? As we are going to hungry but I will join her after 1 week of her arrival as Her ticket was already booked 2 weeks ago.and I got after week flight.and then again we will travel to France for immediately a week after we return back from Hungary.

Help plz?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
UK residence card issued under the EU regulations should be sufficient to enter Schengen (and other EEA) countries (except Switzerland which is neither in EU nor EEA), though it is as well to check with the Hungarian embassy as some countries haven't yet implemented EU rules on this. Also the airline you are flying with must be aware of this, otherwise you may be denied boarding the flight for not having a Schengen visa.
Relevant EU law is Articles 5 and 10 in Directive 2004/38/EC: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2004/l_229/l_22920040629en00350048.pdf
I suggest you print this out and carry with you. Also the fact you must be accompanied by your EEA partner or you are joining her means you should carry evidence of her flight details to Hungary and France. Be prepared to argue your case, as not every airline or airport staff or border agents may be aware of this rule.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Hi again!

As previously mentioned that I got RC in UK under eea2.my wife is Hungarian.i want to find out do I need any visa if I traveling in any EEA country or my RC Is enough? As we are going to hungry but I will join her after 1 week of her arrival as Her ticket was already booked 2 weeks ago.and I got after week flight.and then again we will travel to France for immediately a week after we return back from Hungary.

Help plz?
Your UK issued RC is widely accepted in every State. However, just for an added peace of mind, have your certificate of marriage and means to contact your wife readily available.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI!

Thank you so much JOPPA and JRGE.as u guys are actual peace of mind, who always ready to clear all inquiries and doubts.thnank you so so much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let me get this stright if you have a uk Residency card or Spouse visa, but for example have a a passport from countries like thailand, india or sri lanka etc. You dont need a visa to travel with in the EU

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Not spouse visa issued under the UK immigration rules. You need a Schengen visa for travel in Schengen countries, and national visa for others, and it is often issued free. You must have residence card issued under the EU regulations for a visa-free travel within EEA, and you must travel with your EEA partner or be joining them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.