Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I am presently working in a clinic under TECOM FREEZONE VISA for 3 months, and now I really want to leave the clinic and move to another. The clinic (presently working with) is obliging me pay 6000 dirhams and they showed me this article:
UAE LABOUR LAW ARTICLE 116.
I am receiving 4000 salary from them and I wonder how did they come up with 6000. DO I REALLY NEED TO PAY THEM?
please take time to help me with providing sufficient information.:(

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Do you have a limited contract? (meaning was it a fixed term contract for 2 or 3 years?)
If yes, then your employer is calculating 50% * 4000 * 3 = 6000.

If you have an unlimited contract, then you dont have to pay anything. The best bet would be to contact the Ministry of Labour on 800 665. Ministry of Labour

There are sometimes implications of automatic labour bans, but probably because free zones are involved you dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need to pay if i choose to leave my clinic (tecom freezone) and move to another

thanks you for taking time to respond...

im not under 2 year or 3 year contract... thats the reason why i am really shocked when they asked me to pay them 6000 dirhams... i hate to think that theyre just giving me hard time to leave the clinic and i dont want them to take my resignation personaly...

do i really need to refer to UAE LABOUR LAW or is there any LABOUR LAW that i need to check under FREEZONE VISA LAW?

thank you so much...;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

im not under 2 year or 3 year contract... thats the reason why i am really shocked when they asked me to pay them 6000 dirhams... i hate to think that theyre just giving me hard time to leave the clinic and i dont want them to take my resignation personaly...

do i really need to refer to UAE LABOUR LAW or is there any LABOUR LAW that i need to check under FREEZONE VISA LAW?

this is the article they are showing me:
UAE LABOUR LAW ARTICLE 116
"if the contract has been terminated on part of the employee, for reasons other that those provided for under article (121) hereof, the employess becomes liable for compensating the employer against losses incurred by him in consequence of contract termination, provided that the amount of compensation, may not exceed half a month's pay for a period of three months or for the remaining period of contract whichever is shorter, unless the terms of the contract provided otherwise."

The above article is what theyre showing me which i feel is not applicable to me since i dont have any 2 year or 3 year contract with them... am i right?

I also saw this article which i think should be applied to in my case.
UAE LABOUR LAW ARTICLE 117
1. The employer and the employee may terminate the employment contract with UNLIMITED PERIOD, for a valid reason at any time after conclusion of the contract by written notice duly given to other party, thirty days at least prior to termination.
2. in respect of daily pay employees period of notice shall be as follows:
a. on week in the employee has worked for more that six months but less than one year.
b. two weeks if the employee has worked for at least one year.
c. one month if the employee has worked for at least five years.

please help me understand this correctly. i just wanna know if i really need to pay them 6000 dirhams... i can pay them but i want to give what is fair enough...

thank you so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

this is the article they are showing me:
UAE LABOUR LAW ARTICLE 116
"if the contract has been terminated on part of the employee, for reasons other that those provided for under article (121) hereof, the employess becomes liable for compensating the employer against losses incurred by him in consequence of contract termination, provided that the amount of compensation, may not exceed half a month's pay for a period of three months or for the remaining period of contract whichever is shorter, unless the terms of the contract provided otherwise."

The above article is what theyre showing me which i feel is not applicable to me since i dont have any 2 year or 3 year contract with them... am i right?

I also saw this article which i think should be applied to in my case.
UAE LABOUR LAW ARTICLE 117
1. The employer and the employee may terminate the employment contract with UNLIMITED PERIOD, for a valid reason at any time after conclusion of the contract by written notice duly given to other party, thirty days at least prior to termination.
2. in respect of daily pay employees period of notice shall be as follows:
a. on week in the employee has worked for more that six months but less than one year.
b. two weeks if the employee has worked for at least one year.
c. one month if the employee has worked for at least five years.

please help me understand this correctly. i just wanna know if i really need to pay them 6000 dirhams... i can pay them but i want to give what is fair enough...

thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts