Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently been granted my visa 476, I was just wondering if i will need to get a return ticket to be granted entry

·
Registered
191 Posts
absolutely no

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absolutely no
Hello John,

Thanks for your response

Do you know anybody on visa 476 that has entered Australia without a return ticket.

am just a little worried because i had a friend on a tourist visa who had to buy a return ticket at the point of entry at an unreasonable price.

i dont want to buy a return ticket if not needed....the funds can go towards something else :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello John,

Thanks for your response

Do you know anybody on visa 476 that has entered Australia without a return ticket.

am just a little worried because i had a friend on a tourist visa who had to buy a return ticket at the point of entry at an unreasonable price.

i dont want to buy a return ticket if not needed....the funds can go towards something else :D
Tourist visa is in short time (couple months), so you need a return ticket. Yours is 18 months, and it is similar to 485 so you don't need a return one.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Hello John,

Thanks for your response

Tourist visa to most countries MUST have a return ticket

Because it's not a resident visa

Yours is a temporary residence visa

Besides, there is no airline in this world that will sell you a ticket 18 months before the flight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello John,

Thanks for your response

hey buddy,

be assured you would't need that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts