Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

i have a question, can somebody help me please

Is it possible to submit different IELTS results to EA and to AU immigration?

thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your ielts is not satisfactory.. u can still submit it to EA provided u have 6 in each band.. later u can clear ur ielts with 7 in each band and submit to diac for visa. But do not submit less ielts score results to diac.
Thanks
Prashant

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Prashant!

really appreciate it.

i have two options in mind:

first:
i am planning to submit my documents to EA with my present scores:
L-8, W-7.5, S-8, R-6.5 and wait for their reply. hopefully a positive assessment.
then i'll re-take ielts to get 7 in all exams before i submit to diac.

second:
i'll appeal my score to ielts, risking my chance if they'll give me a 7 in reading. if my score was changed then that's the time i'll submit to EA and eventually to diac.

but what could be my chance of getting the 7 for reading? is it worth it to appeal or to re-sit the exam?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have myself lost by 0.5 bands in reading two times... But I cleared in third attempt.. keep in mind that clearing in re-assessment is very rare.. so we cannot guarantee that... I would suggest you to apply for EA with your current IELTS score and activate that process which will take around 75 days..During this time you can study and attempt ur ielts... So u will save time ...working on two tasks simultaneously.. be confident..Thts the key...

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks Prashant!

really appreciate it.

i have two options in mind:

first:
i am planning to submit my documents to EA with my present scores:
L-8, W-7.5, S-8, R-6.5 and wait for their reply. hopefully a positive assessment.
then i'll re-take ielts to get 7 in all exams before i submit to diac.

second:
i'll appeal my score to ielts, risking my chance if they'll give me a 7 in reading. if my score was changed then that's the time i'll submit to EA and eventually to diac.

but what could be my chance of getting the 7 for reading? is it worth it to appeal or to re-sit the exam?
This thread might help you..
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...iving-australia/109200-ielts-revaluation.html
Usually, speaking and writing tests have better chances of getting +ive revaluation/increased points. If you're confident enough you did well than how you scored in your reading then go ahead with submitting EOR. There is a fee for the revaluation but it will be refunded in checque if the result is positive, and reward you with an increased point. There is no refund though if the result is otherwise.
Goodluck kabayan!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks lightningmcqueen!

i'm just wondering how are they checking our papers? is it checked manually or by a computer?

the scores i've given above is the result of my 2nd test.

the scores i got when i first tried were: L-7.5, W-6.0, S-7.0, R-8
that is why i'm kind of frustrated. my writing got better but then i don't know what happened
in my reading exam... :-(

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks lightningmcqueen!

i'm just wondering how are they checking our papers? is it checked manually or by a computer?

the scores i've given above is the result of my 2nd test.

the scores i got when i first tried were: L-7.5, W-6.0, S-7.0, R-8
that is why i'm kind of frustrated. my writing got better but then i don't know what happened
in my reading exam... :-(
I think, not sure though, that Listening and Reading tests are checked electronically while Writing is checked manually. Don't get frustrated, sometimes things just don't go the way we want it but there is always hope. Try the suggestion given by prasant and I think it's what's best to do right now. EA only requires 6 points in each band in IELTS. Btw, without the IELTS, how much score can you get? May I know your occupation? Only 60 pts. is required for you to apply for PR visa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
without the ielts i will only get 55 points which is not acceptable... :(

my occupation is telecommunications network engineer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts