Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Hope this finds you all well :)

I'm Indonesian and I have a Romanian Residence Permit, been living here for almost 5 years now.

My questions:
1. Do I need to apply for EEA permit to be able to enter UK?

2. If so, I've read that the EEA national (my wife) has either come with me or been in UK, correct? Can she just stay for a week then going back to Romania? we don't want to hassle too much, as it's only me who needs to be in UK and not to mention that our baby is still very small too (I've heard that searching for an apt that allows babies are extremely difficult)

My intention to come there is to study in a private school / college while working if it's possible

Thank you very much in advance :peace:

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Yes, or UK visa.
#2 Yes. She is supposed to stay in UK throughout the time you will be in UK, except for short visits home. Your status in UK depends on her staying in UK, and after 3 months, she must be exercising EU treaty right.
#3 Get an appropriate student visa (e.g. Tier 4 General) instead. When granted, you can probably work up to 10 hours a week if you are studying below degree level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your prompt respond, Joppa, I am much obliged! :)

I apologize in advance to ask you more questions regarding this matter

Do I understand it correctly;
1. I can't enter the UK with my Romanian residence card even though the purpose is merely to visit?

2. EEA permit allows unrestricted employment in the UK?

3. After staying for 3 months, both EEA nationals and the families can start applying for UK residence card?

4. If stated that we are self sufficient, do we need to provide financial proof?

5. In the form, There's a question about EEA National Registration Certificate number. Can I just put N/A as my spouse doesn't have it yet?

Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 You can, provided it was issued under the EEA rules, but you wife has to be with you or be already in UK.
#2 Yes, in theory, but not many employers will take you on without residence card.
#3 Only family members need residence card. EEA national can apply for certificate of registration (same form).
#4 Yes, such as your payslips, bank statement etc.
#5 Yes you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much, Joppa :)

I'll post on this thread again if I have more questions in mind

Have a great day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again,

there's one thing baffling me;
is it possible for my spouse to only accompany me then leave the UK afterward? will I be considered illegal?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
She can do that, but strictly speaking, you will then be in UK illegally, unless her absence is temporary (like business trip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.