Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i am a ICT professional wanting to apply for the 176 visa to Oz. i am only at the very beginning of the stages and have not applied formally to any application yet. i am aware that visa procedures are changing on July 1st.

Do you think i have time between now and the end of june to:

-gather documents and receive skills assesment from ACS
-take IETLS exam & receive results
-apply for sponsorship from VIC
-apply for the 176 visa

basically the whole process! i am ready to go at the drop of a hat but i am very worried that it will take longer to receive all these documents and apply before the July deadline. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi , i am a ICT professional wanting to apply for the 176 visa to Oz. i am only at the very beginning of the stages and have not applied formally to any application yet. i am aware that visa procedures are changing on July 1st.

-apply for the 176 visa

basically the whole process! i am ready to go at the drop of a hat but i am very worried that it will take longer to receive all these documents and apply before the July deadline. any help appreciated.
Hi Tus,
To be honest wid u i dont think so that you would be able to make in time.
As the skill assesment may take 6-8 weeks.
Vic SS timelines as i have seen takes 4-6 weeks.
This ends up all ur deadline and more over u have IELTS to give..

If everything goes superfast only then u can make ,other wise i dont see it happen before 1st july.

·
Registered
630 Posts

-apply for the 176 visa

Hey, are you qualified for 175 visa ? if u r go ahead for 175..you maybe a little late for 176 + Victoria state sponsorship. ACS will take 4 weeks, then victoria will take 6 - 10 weeks..Have u thought of other faster states like WA ?

Also Keep in mind ACS deadline is April 27 ACS (Australian Computer Society) - ACS News so u better hurry ! July 2012 changes are terrible!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you are ready to go to WA then you might just make it..Vic seems a bit too tight..

-apply for the 176 visa

·
Registered
556 Posts

-apply for the 176 visa

Hi,
What is your skill code? If its on SOL 1, you can apply for 175 immediately.

Based on your nationality, I think you can make it before July. If you want to apply for Vic SS. Go ahead and apply for it as you don't need assessment result or IELTS score to apply for Vic SS. You can apply for the SS and then simultaneously plan your IELTS & ACS assessment as the SS is taking about 4-6 weeks for people from UK. Vic needs the assessment result before approving the application. If all goes well, you can then apply for 176 around early June.

Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also doubt on the IETLS test results, as their rules on written exam must using PENCIL instead of PEN, PENCIL are very subjective paper can be amend by eraser Or will be exchange with ppl??? ANyone can tell me this??? Can guarantee as PEN for EXAM are safe no liquid paper if wrong just cut and amend back. WHY I said so because someone I know he seatting the exam before he seat the exam he hv trial tests his result are good and he even go for personal English lesson even the lecturer told him u are good compare to her student there are one ladies mandarin base she also no confidence, even lecturer said your grammar always hv mistake hard to get even band 5. The result out was she get 7.5 band and the person I know get 5.5band... Lecturer receive the result hv shiok call the person I know mention impossible something not rite. Now the lectuer asking him to seat exam in Bristish Concil not IDP... I also unbelieve he born in English speaking and he was senior engineer who always have conference with US, Holland, JAPAN and he studies inUK. Even his parent told him to drop out the application from Agent something not right and something are fishy around.... Do u know band 5.5 are having bad result in grammar??? HE was doing reporting and budgetting for his company represent company for US and big boss... He himself also thinking he said impossible, I hv enough time for paper I even check my grammar, past and present tend.... SO I need suggestion now anyone of u can help??? He feel want to drop out Australia now becoz of this IETLS results.... BTW NZ one of the lawyer was contact him mention he can go NZ the lawyer also told him for u in speaking you can get band 8 to 9 but his result was 7. He told me the girl speak I classes before hv Hard time to speak English but her result was 7.5band.... Can you all imagine that ???? I do not know how the lecturer give point???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope the IETLS test on written to have changing from PENCIL to PEN so that all ppl are be confidence no worries of paper exchange or someone erase the paper.... Not understand why they want to use PENCIL instead of PEN. PEN are permanent unable to change...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone! Unfortunately my job description is not on the list for the 175 visa.

How long do WA take to process state sponsorship and can i submit an application and forward skills assessment later?

i know i am on the list for the Northern Territory but i read somewhere on the page that you must have strong family/friends relations in that state so that's why i chose Victoria.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,
What is your skill code? If its on SOL 1, you can apply for 175 immediately.

Based on your nationality, I think you can make it before July. If you want to apply for Vic SS. Go ahead and apply for it as you don't need assessment result or IELTS score to apply for Vic SS. You can apply for the SS and then simultaneously plan your IELTS & ACS assessment as the SS is taking about 4-6 weeks for people from UK. Vic needs the assessment result before approving the application. If all goes well, you can then apply for 176 around early June.

Good Luck!! :)

cool snake, r u sure about this ? According to victoria sponsorship website is clearly says:

2. Prepare your documents

When you lodge your online application, you must provide:

skills assessment (mandatory)

I applied for Vic SS too and i remember i had to upload acs result.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the replys everyone! Unfortunately my job description is not on the list for the 175 visa.

How long do WA take to process state sponsorship and can i submit an application and forward skills assessment later?

i know i am on the list for the Northern Territory but i read somewhere on the page that you must have strong family/friends relations in that state so that's why i chose Victoria.
Northern territory takes up to 6 months so forget it :|

From a lot of people here , WA takes up to 3 weeks for most cases. a lot of people however got their within a few days.

·
Registered
556 Posts
cool snake, r u sure about this ? According to victoria sponsorship website is clearly says:

2. Prepare your documents

When you lodge your online application, you must provide:

skills assessment (mandatory)

I applied for Vic SS too and i remember i had to upload acs result.
Hi JBY,
Yes, you don't need assessment result handy when you apply for the Vic SS. They will ask you for it before finalising the decision on the sponsorship.

Below is an extract on Skills assessment requirement from the Skilled - Sponsored (176) Visa - Live in Victoria site:

Skills assessment

Your skills assessment must match the occupation you have nominated in your sponsorship application. You do not need to provide the skills assessment document when you initially apply. A skills assessment will only be requested if your application proceeds to the final stages of selection

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great! think i might go for WA SS then. Fortunately my job covers a couple of job descriptions on the SOL (ICT customer support officer (but speciality in Networks) so can cover both these). Looks like i can get a skills assessment from TRA.

Does anyone know how long the TRA takes to come through? do WA require the assessment before applying?

thanks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi JBY,
Yes, you don't need assessment result handy when you apply for the Vic SS. They will ask you for it before finalising the decision on the sponsorship.

Below is an extract on Skills assessment requirement from the Skilled - Sponsored (176) Visa - Live in Victoria site:

Skills assessment

Your skills assessment must match the occupation you have nominated in your sponsorship application. You do not need to provide the skills assessment document when you initially apply. A skills assessment will only be requested if your application proceeds to the final stages of selection
ah ok , that makes sense then. In that case this guy may have a chance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Northern territory takes up to 6 months so forget it :|

From a lot of people here , WA takes up to 3 weeks for most cases. a lot of people however got their within a few days.
6 months fro NT!!

Can you confirm the above?
Do you know of any members who applied for NT SS and it took them 6 months, that sounds ridiculous.

I was thinking of applying for the same. Would appreciate if any senior members could shed some light on Northern Territory State sponsorship timelines.

·
Registered
274 Posts

-apply for the 176 visa

Well justa thought, not sure though. Since you are UK national I think you dont need IELTS, seniors may pitch in and confirm same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great! think i might go for WA SS then. Fortunately my job covers a couple of job descriptions on the SOL (ICT customer support officer (but speciality in Networks) so can cover both these). Looks like i can get a skills assessment from TRA.

Does anyone know how long the TRA takes to come through? do WA require the assessment before applying?

thanks.
OK, think i have to forget about WA as i need a TRA skills assessment and from what i've heard on here TRA are well behind and will take months to receive results from this :(

BUT on the Vic SS front i am happy to find out that IELTS is not required because i am a uk citizen! so that is one thing less. basically i can apply now for SS and in the meantime submit documents to ACS , think i might just scrape in on time if Vic SS dont take the full 12 weeks cause i only have 9 weeks to get it sorted!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i have submitted my Victoria SS. I am going to submit my ACS documents within the next couple of days. and take my IELTS on 12 May (results take 13 days to process which is fine because i only need it for extra points not SS) . fingers crossed.

Do you think i should tell Victoria i am wanting to apply in time for July or is that cheeky??

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had got message from sources that VIC state sponsorship has 28th May cut off date. So we may need to hurry before hand to get nominations approved for it.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry i don't understand vangareddy.......what is the cut off date 28th May for??

Well i lodged my SS application yesterday, and am applying for ACS skills assessment tomorrow....really hope everything comes through on time in time for June submission for 176 visa

can anyone tell me how long the 176 visa lasts for once granted? i have read it is valid for 5 years , but really it will be around 1 year because of medical expires?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.