Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am moving to Fuengirola in a few weeks and want to bring my beloved 50" Panasonic Plasma TV with me (yep, a bloke thing) but I heard that British bought TV's do not work well with the television reception etc in Spain.
Is this true ? Because if it is I will sell it here before I move.I'd really rather keep it.
Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi all

I am moving to Fuengirola in a few weeks and want to bring my beloved 50" Panasonic Plasma TV with me (yep, a bloke thing) but I heard that British bought TV's do not work well with the television reception etc in Spain.
Is this true ? Because if it is I will sell it here before I move.I'd really rather keep it.
Thanks

Mark
Bring it, it will work.

A) Either perfectly bacause it is multi PAL (SECAM and NTSC also perhaps)
B) Will get picture but no sound because it's only PAL I UK format.

If B) Get a cheap (from 25 Euros) TDT box and bob's your uncle, all working perfic.

Xose
P.S. Analogue will be turned off soon in any case. So the TDT will be a must unless built in already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Zose,

Hey, many thanks for the quick reply and advice. I do hope it will as I spent ages saving up for it and I will have no problem buying a TDT box for 25 euros if I have to. Would hate to have to sell it.

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
381 Posts
It will work provided you use a skybox or freeview etc, it probably wont pick up spanish TV cos it probably doesnt have a spanish tuner

Jo xxx
As Xosé says it will definitely work with a TDT receiver. However, it will also work with a video recorder. Before we could receive the TDT signal here in Monforte, I ran mine through my video and connected the video to the TV with a scart.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
We brought a similar tv purchased in the Czech Republic and it works perfectly. Just plug and play. We got Spanish tv via a digibox someone lent us until our Sky card arrived but can't get it via my Sky box.
We took several tvs to the Czech Republic, some extremely ancient and they all worked so I guess most electronic stuff works all over Europe.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Can someone who knows about these things advise: if I remove my Sky card from the SkyPlus box, will I be able to get Spanish tv?
no.
as the only spanish channel available on a sky box (TVEi) is subscription onlu.

you will either need a satellite dish pointing at astra 19 east or hispasat 30 west with another satellite receiver, or a spansih tv aerial, amplifer and ideally a TDT (digital televions) set top box.

UK TV:
they will work in spain with anything that is connetced to the TV via SCART or HDMI.
YOu MAY not be able to view analogu TV on them : Spain uses a different sound frequency and some UK TVs cannot recognise this - although you can maybe change this using the country settings in the TVs menu system.
If the TV has a built in Freeview receiver (digital television) it may work ok, but not 100%. If it has a generic digital TV tuner then it should work OK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JoJo

This forum is SUPER. A real testament to the power of the internet and the good it can do. I do have a couple of friends in Spain but they are obviously not 'all knowing' and they are generally mega busy so it's great to be able to ask you guys in here stuff and chat etc. Feels like I already have made friends !
Thanks
Mark
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.