Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day All,

I'm new to this forum. Hope someone is able to guide me...

Well... I'm 30 years old and have completed BCS Certificate level back in 2008. Since then I'm working as a Programmer/Software Engineer up to now(8+ years).

According to the institute which I studied, "BCS Certificate level is an NVQ level 4 qualification".

My questions are :
1) Is the above statement true?
2) Do ACS recognize NVQs or BCS Certificate level?
3) What is the equivalent of NVQ level 4 or BCS Certificate level against AQF?

I searched in this forum a lot on this matter and couldn't find any similar scenario. Appreciate your help.

Hope to hear from someone soon :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Good day All,

Well... I'm 30 years old and have completed BCS Certificate level back in 2008. Since then I'm working as a Programmer/Software Engineer up to now(8+ years).

According to the institute which I studied, "BCS Certificate level is an NVQ level 4 qualification".

My questions are :

I searched in this forum a lot on this matter and couldn't find any similar scenario. Appreciate your help.

1. I can't tell cos it depends on the qualification level as assessed by the educational authority. If they are assessed as such, then that's what it is.

2 and 3. I think they will as NVQ Level = AQF Diploma I think.

https://www.australia-migration.com/page/Offshore_qualifications_vs_Aus_standards/353

Reactions: Hasith

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Good day All,

My questions are :

NVQ Level 4 is equivalent to Graduate diploma as per AQF
That's all that I could find

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. I can't tell cos it depends on the qualification level as assessed by the educational authority. If they are assessed as such, then that's what it is.

2 and 3. I think they will as NVQ Level = AQF Diploma I think.
Thanks zaback!!

I recently dropped an email to ACS as well and their reply was same as yours. Their opinion is also to lodge an application to know the outcome of my qualification. But if there is a way that I can directly find which AQF level equals to the certificate level of BCS before I lodge the application(still I couldn't find though :(), that would be great.

However there are no any information provided regarding NVQs in both "Summary of Criteria" and "Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants" documents.:confused:

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Thanks newbienz!!

I'm just wondering how could I verify this before I lodge the application.
I don't think there is much you can do

You will have to spend 500AUD and get assessed to know where you stand

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thanks zaback!!

I recently dropped an email to ACS as well and their reply was same as yours. Their opinion is also to lodge an application to know the outcome of my qualification. But if there is a way that I can directly find which AQF level equals to the certificate level of BCS before I lodge the application(still I couldn't find though :(), that would be great.

However there are no any information provided regarding NVQs in both "Summary of Criteria" and "Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants" documents.:confused:
A newbienz said, you need to do the assessment. Plus I can say for sure you will get 10 points from Diploma if ACS finds your degree relevant. It's not a question if your degree will be worth Diploma cos it will be and NVQ level is UK educational level and has wide acceptance and hence it's almost given you will get the points. What's usually not given is if your degree is relevant to your occupation which is what ACS will decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts