Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admin: Apologies if this is in the wrong section but didn't know where else to post this query!
Please feel free to move it to the right area

I'm at present applying for a US passport but have been asked to have a DNA test along with my sister (resides in US, long complicated story). I have to have the test over here at the US Embassy in London.
Does anyone know what they charge for this?. I have emailed them but, as usual, they are taking their time in replying and time is short. I know that it's not going to be cheap but I need to know how much to put in my bank account to cover the cost!

Has anyone else recently had a DNA test at the Embassy over here?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
In case you haven't heard, the Bureau of Consular Affairs are having some technology issues which has delayed the issuing of passports and visas so this may very well have an impact across all Embassy services.

Technological Systems Issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you that's brilliant, I couldn't find anything on the website. I just seemed to go round and round in circles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suitable DNA donors?

Ok, here we go!

Further to my request for info about the US Embassy and required DNA test, which other relatives are considered suitable to donate DNA for testing if the suggested relatives siblings and family are all dead???

I have contacted the Embassy regarding this but they have been really very unhelpful and just said that 'the onus is on the applicant to provide proof', well I would if I could and as I have siblings with my father I thought that their DNA would be suitable but the Embassy have said no to any of them being tested? :(

Would any of you wonderful people know who else can be considered??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you EVHB, I did do that after posting my query last night but I was told was that they cannot say who is and who isn't suitable, only the Embassy can make that decision. I have sent yet another email to the Embassy offices asking for a definitive answer, no doubt it will bring another unhelpful reply from them!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Ok, here we go!

Further to my request for info about the US Embassy and required DNA test, which other relatives are considered suitable to donate DNA for testing if the suggested relatives siblings and family are all dead???

I have contacted the Embassy regarding this but they have been really very unhelpful and just said that 'the onus is on the applicant to provide proof', well I would if I could and as I have siblings with my father I thought that their DNA would be suitable but the Embassy have said no to any of them being tested? :(

Would any of you wonderful people know who else can be considered??
Read the section "accuracy".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts