Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a few quick questions, and anyone who can help(Thank you, beers on me if we meet)

my wife and i want to move down to the States mainly but NOT limited to the way of life.

We are both UK citizens but we moved over to Calgary Canada 3 years ago, and now Canadian residents.
I know we can't enter green card lottery cause of our country (England) not being part of the eligble countries, however My father was born in Ely, Cypruss can i base my application on that?

My wife has also a MBA and over 10 years in business and office enviroment can we apply for a H1B on her?

Any advice would be great..some websites on her contridict themselves...grrrrr

Thank you so much

Daman

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Ok so i have a few quick questions, and anyone who can help(Thank you, beers on me if we meet)

my wife and i want to move down to the States mainly but NOT limited to the way of life.

We are both UK citizens but we moved over to Calgary Canada 3 years ago, and now Canadian residents.
I know we can't enter green card lottery cause of our country (England) not being part of the eligble countries, however My father was born in Ely, Cypruss can i base my application on that?

My wife has also a MBA and over 10 years in business and office enviroment can we apply for a H1B on her?

Any advice would be great..some websites on her contridict themselves...grrrrr

Thank you so much

Daman
You cannot base your DV application on the fact your father was born in Cyprus unless he was normally resident there at the time of your birth.

Wife would be eligible for H1b provided she could find a suitable employer who would sponsor her. Not that the derivative spousal visa (H4) does not allow the holder to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts