Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have sent my Visitor marriage visa with a the divocre order stating tht i am free to mary which was signed on May 11/2015, Now i hear theat here is a certificate which is distinct to this that say the same thing and ffree to mary. I forwarded the order which say i am free to marry signed by the Superior court justice.on May 12 2015 is this court order still good seeing that it was signed by the judge.or would i have a chance to followup and put my certificate in

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
I'm not an expert on Canadian legal matter but I'd have thought your original divorce decree is sufficient.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Divorce order

so joppa this is still good yes... Sir..

Hi Eddy,

We received your divorce order today, May 19, 2015. (((((((((((this the one i went and picked up last week and added it to the Application signed by the superior court judge)))))))

I would recommend giving the Milton Courthouse a call, and inquiring about receiving your certificate of divorce. As far as I am aware, you can go to the window and have it issued, but it would be better to call ahead (the certificate of divorce is the actual paper that states you are divorced).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.