Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a computer (at the office I did not buy it). It has an ADI graphics card which has two Display ports (DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and one DVI. I looked at them and thought they were HDMI ports, but no go. I have access to a second monitor and would love to use it, but I cannot find these cables. Checked Sharif, no luck (they do have 100 HDMI cables of course).

Anyone know were I can get one?

Cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can buy a one from one of the computer malls or street level stores in Al Karama, pay up for a "genuine" or name brand adapter and it will be fine. If it's a knockoff or not I would definitely test in the store before you walk out. Dubai usually has a no refund/exchange at best policy.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can buy a one from one of the computer malls or street level stores in Al Karama, pay up for a "genuine" or name brand adapter and it will be fine. If it's a knockoff or not I would definitely test in the store before you walk out. Dubai usually has a no refund/exchange at best policy.
I was also thinking I might try Electra street since I will be in AD. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'
So where exactly is this area in Al Karama, I have never been. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
'
So where exactly is this area in Al Karama, I have never been. Thanks
Just head over by - Al Ain Center, Computer Plaza, Bur Dubai

That whole area is packed with computer components and supply stores along the streets and plazas.

Go to Google Maps and enter - Al Ain, Computer Plaza, Bur Dubai - and it will show you exactly where on the map.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.