Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Pak n Save & New World were both giving 21c litre off petrol, today Pak n Save have announced they will give 25c off litre valid till Sunday if you purchase $150 groceries.

Could this be the start of something BIG?????? :clap2:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Song_Si said:
^ surprised that wasn't bigger news - a huge reduction, and a big loss to the supermarket - make it up in profits off the groceries as profits on petrol per litre are I think less than 10c.
No loss at all to any supermarket this kind of incentive. They make money. They're very clever. All they do is increase the cost of maybe 100 essential buy items around the store by 1, 2, 5 cents or so (eg bread, milk, toilet role etc) - a minuscule amount that no-one notices and hey presto everyone buys these items anyway so they make their money back easily and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
trelowen said:
how much is fuel in nz now?
Wellington is around $2.20 standard unleaded, $2.25 for the more potent stuff & diesel around $1.57 per litre but diesel owners pay a diesel levy tax over and above the normal annual road tax :-(

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.