Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone! I was at the vfs office last week to submit my documents. I bumped into one Filipina at the office .we have a chat and she told me she is worried about her previous marriage in Al ain UAE.although she was devorced. She married the man in 1995 Muslim way in arabic .she was given a passport like booklet with pages with valid from and expired date (pages identical)and she told that it's valid 2 years and renewable. Anyway... she said they never had a public ceremony and they never lived together as she is working sharjah and the man lived with his parents in al ain they meet each other in weekends or any other day her job permits. After 6 months she got a call overseas it's her ex husband calling from his home country he told her sorry ..I have to go for emergency. The 2 month's past she got another call locally from her ex. he's back and to tell her that he got engaged with a woman back in his home country and hus parents arranging marriage for them to bring her to join him. She cannot express her feeling that time...but to cry...and she told him that she can't handle the situation having a husband with two wives. So she him to set her free... (devoted her) she was expecting her ex will not agree. But surprise.....surprise.. he said yes he will do it. By next 2 days he faxed to het the device paper in Arabic. She let somebody to read it for her and yes it's devorced papers signed by 4 witnesses. Next day she took day off and took the paper in Al ain and demand her devoted money..and her ex issued 4 posts dated cheques.end the rest is history.

Now she is worried that she didn't mentioned it on her application. Her reason is that she has no supporting document to show the only copies that she had was washed away by flood last 2009. I ask her if that marriage reach NSO in Phil. She said no.its all in Arabic and does not reach any legal certification. Is there anyway to explain it to ECO? without supporting papers? Am I right that I told her you can tell that on your intervew. What do think?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It's divorced.
I can't make anything out of her situation. Moslem marriage custom is confusing for outsiders. She should speak to an immigration advisor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.