Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thank you for the add.
Im trying to find out as much information as I can before we move to spain in a years time, so please bare with me while I ask some silly questions from time to time.
Todays question is this.

If im receiving disability living allowance in the uk, will I still get that in spain?

Ive tried asking the benefits agency but they keep telling me to make a new application when I move, helpful eh lol:cheer2:

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Hi and thank you for the add.
Im trying to find out as much information as I can before we move to spain in a years time, so please bare with me while I ask some silly questions from time to time.
Todays question is this.

If im receiving disability living allowance in the uk, will I still get that in spain?

Ive tried asking the benefits agency but they keep telling me to make a new application when I move, helpful eh lol:cheer2:
:welcome: - I've moved your question to 'Spain'!!

I don't have time atm for a proper answer, need to get to work - but some benefits are transportable from the UK , some aren't

this might help https://www.gov.uk/living-in-spain#uk-benefits-in-spain

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
As far as I know, DLA is transferable - at the moment!! But it is undergoing changes?! Carers allowance on the other hand isn't!?

Welcome to the forum

Jo xxx

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
As far as I know, DLA is transferable - at the moment!! But it is undergoing changes?! Carers allowance on the other hand isn't!?

Welcome to the forum

Jo xxx
I seem to remember that carers allowance IS exportable to Spain;it doesn't appear on the list of non exportable benefits.Even on the DWP website they do not specifically state whether it is or not.
Someone out there must know the answer.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
I seem to remember that carers allowance IS exportable to Spain;it doesn't appear on the list of non exportable benefits.Even on the DWP website they do not specifically state whether it is or not.
Someone out there must know the answer.
the DWP I should imagine

there are a lot of changes in the pipeline as far as that department is concerned & living abroad, as of April 2014 - which is more than likely why you can't get a straight answer atm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts