Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a disability pension and my amount is very good. I can use it to buy a loan the car from car dealer ? I am from USA via Portuguese citizen and plan to move to Ponta Delgada, Azores. Curiosity.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If the organisation who provides you with a disability pension has no restrictions on what the money can be spent on then I am sure any vehicle dealer will gladly take your money.

With regards to if you can get finance based on this payment then it depends on various factors, such as whether you have enough for a deposit if required, whether your pension is sufficient to cover the finance costs and if living costs need to be considered in the calculations.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the organisation who provides you with a disability pension has no restrictions on what the money can be spent on then I am sure any vehicle dealer will gladly take your money.

With regards to if you can get finance based on this payment then it depends on various factors, such as whether you have enough for a deposit if required, whether your pension is sufficient to cover the finance costs and if living costs need to be considered in the calculations.
That's what I thought. I am glad. By the way, Obrigado. Muito apreciado! :D (Thank you. Much appreciated!) :D

EDIT: One thing.. Are SSDI/SSI also called Disability Pension ? For a retirement, what is it called ? Retirement Pension, right ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts