Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the financial requirement is complicated if a director of a company. Can we completely bypass this step by showing the equivalent of £63k savings in a foreign bank account? The money has been in the account for 6 months since my husband/sponsor sold a property in Dubai. If this overseas bank statement suffices, how recent should it be and is a online bank statement ok? Any tax implications which could ruin my spouse visa application? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You need to meet certain rules to satisfy the financial requirement through savings alone.
It must be in a readily accessible (no-notice) account or accounts.
The balance you rely on must not have dropped even for one day during the 6 months leaving to the date of application.
The source(s) of savings must be disclosed (such as sale of assets).
If in non-sterling, it will be converted using Oanda spot closing pound sterling rate on the date of application. So in order to insure against sudden surge in sterling, keep your minimum balance at 5-10% above the minimum required now.
It must be in your, sponsor's or joint name.
Online statement must be stamped and signed by a bank official, or an official letter attached authenticating it.
Statement must cover the six months leading up to your application (with the latest statement no older than 28 days before online application).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.