Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I have completed my full-time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 1998 in India and since then I am working in IT industry. I have worked in India till 2011 and after that, I was in US. I am in Australia since 2013.

I am planning for Australian PR now. Am I qualify for 10 points (under the clause Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia, or qualification or award of recognized standard) for associate degree ?

Regards,

JD

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Since you work in IT the usual process is to get a skills assessment from the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Their homepage has great instructions about the application process - start with the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines and go from there.

Unfortunately, ACS assessors cannot comment on your mechanical engineering qualification since that is outside their expertise and you can only claim points for qualifications that have been assessed as equivalent to an Australian qualification. Refer to VETASSESS for Points Test Advice, which will provide an opinion on the AQF equivalence of your education.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts