Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I about to apply 189 visa and I have completed diploma from India. Am I still eligible to apply this skilled independent visa??

Anyone could you please tell me?

Ravi

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello There... Don't you have any other qualifications apart from Diploma? I am really not sure if diploma would be enough for the assessment. It also matters what kind of diploma you hold and what kind of experience you have. Both should match.

For example, If you hold a diploma in Electronics and Comm, and you are working in IT (Software), then education wouldn't be counted. Can you please elobrate on your education, experience details?

In general, Diploma is comparable to the educational level of an AQF Diploma (Australian Qualification Diploma) and to my knowledge, you should have minimum bachelor's equivalent degree and that too in your experience related field.

Do let us know the details and you'll be directed accordingly by members. Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello There... Don't you have any other qualifications apart from Diploma? I am really not sure if diploma would be enough for the assessment. It also matters what kind of diploma you hold and what kind of experience you have. Both should match.

For example, If you hold a diploma in Electronics and Comm, and you are working in IT (Software), then education wouldn't be counted. Can you please elobrate on your education, experience details?

In general, Diploma is comparable to the educational level of an AQF Diploma (Australian Qualification Diploma) and to my knowledge, you should have minimum bachelor's equivalent degree and that too in your experience related field.

Do let us know the details and you'll be directed accordingly by members. Cheers!
Hi There, I have completed Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineer and my experience is Railways signalling design engineering, Signalling Application engineering.

Is the experience is matching with my qualification? please check.

Have a great day!!!

Ravi

·
Registered
837 Posts
Check in TRA website. You may apply for Electrical Engineering Technician or Electrical Engineering Draftsperson , the qualification needed for this occupation is Diploma. Check the related websites for more information

BTW, TRA assessment fee itself is $1000 from couple of years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts