Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have submitted for Australian PR and now i am in a specific situation where i am unable to come to a conclusion.

I submitted EOI October 2014 and I got an invitation last week (20th May 2015). I submitted the form by paying 300 AUD last week. As per my agent he says i might get a reply within a week. I am expecting the completion of this in a week and then is the visa processing stage where i have to pay for visa. Now the tricky situation is due to some family issues i will not be able to travel for next 2 years.

1) If the reply for this process delays by 1 month i will have an issue with points. So in that case from which stage i have to start over again. Is it from EOI?
2) Suppose if i get a reply (so that i am eligible with my points), then is there a possibility to delay my process at a stage where i can take a break of 2 years. Is it possible to delay the next stage (visa processing stage - so that i have ample time to go for the final things later). The thing is that I do not want to lose money. Also the situation is that i do not want to lose visa otherwise i will have to start all over again because of issue with points.
3) Suppose if i continue with the visa processing stage (by paying) can i visit Australia for Job after 2 years? I am skeptical whether i can travel for few days if i get visa.

I am in a dilemma now, please help. Expecting expert advise from people who have experienced this situation.

thanks in advance,
Sunil

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,

#3) Once you are issued a visa, there will be a date before which you have to travel to Australia, validate your visa. Once you have validated you visa by entering, i think it remains valid for 5 years. You can return back anytime within that time frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for the reply. The major issue is that i will not be able to travel even for few days. Hence the confusion.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply. The major issue is that i will not be able to travel even for few days. Hence the confusion.
You have to visit Australia at least once 'on or before the Initial Date of Entry' (IDE). If you do not then it is almost certain that your visa will be cancelled (there are very few cases where the IDE may get extended).
For the IDE you can fly in to Australia and return by the very next flight, you do not have to stay there even for a day.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There is another scenario (dont know if it is applicable in your case) where you can hold your visa up to certain time ... That is when your wife is pregnant ... In that case, by the time CO asks for PCC and Medicals (i-e final step) and your wife is pregnant... you can inform your CO and he will tell you to put your case on hold and do the medical and PCC after child birth and passport is ready ... the whole process can take upto 6 months easily .... Plus, you will have fresh medical + PCC which means you will have an extra 11-12 months time to validate the visa....

Again... dont know if it is applicable in your case...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts