Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have posted a few times before about my predicament, but will give you a brief synopsis - I am a UK citizen married to a US citizen. We are currently living near Beziers, France after making some unsuccessful visa applications in England. We are hoping to gain an EEA Family Permit and I had a few questions I was hoping you might be able to help us out with.

We chose France as it seemed the best option - not only was it close to home, but my family had some Expat contacts here as well. I was promised steady work, which would help me to meet the requirements necessary for exercising my economic treaty rights, but the people who I thought we could depend on have turned out to be completely unreliable, leaving us in a bit of a pickle.

Since my wife is a US citizen, I was under the impression that it was necessary for her to apply for a carte de sejour - this in and of itself has turned out to be a lengthy process as I am registered as an Auto-Entrepeneur and am currently trying to gather enough invoices together to prove that I am working and supporting us.

My questions are these:

1. I have been told that invoices would suffice in lieu of the payslips required by the sous-prefecture as proof of income, but I would like to have this confirmed? I have a Contrat D'agent Commercial Exclusie as well as invoices for my work.

2. Is it absolutely necessary for the non EU citizen in the relationship to have a carte de sejour before making the EEA Family Permit application? You can probably tell this is asked out of sheer desperation!

3. Would it be detrimental to our application if we attempted to apply without her having a carte de sejour?

Honestly, we are both at the end of our ropes here. We have reached out to people who have promised to help us every step of the way, but have turned out to be complete phonies. We feel stuck here now - we live in a small village, don't have transportation and have a pretty poor command of the French language - the main deciding factor for coming here was the promises of others and it has all turned out terribly. ANY advice or help you can offer would be amazing.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
50,465 Posts
As far as the application for a carte de séjour goes, it's kind of up to the local préfecture as to what they require in terms of "proof" that you are exercising your EU rights. If you are registered as an AE, do you have any confirmations of your declarations of revenue as an AE? That should work as well as producing your invoices.

As far as getting the EEA Family Permit, you may want to pose this question over in the British section of the forum. In fact, I will post a copy of this over there for you.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.