Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a bit of a nightmare and this site has helped us enormously in the past. Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience and if I am missing something fundamental.

We applied for my Japanese wife's extension of visa on at the end of March and are still waiting.

We are applying under the savings route and last month received a letter asking for more documents.

1, detailed bank statements from ******* confirming the balance of account *********** for *********** between 01 September 2016 to 07 November 2016.

We responded like this.

2. We sent you two statements one dated the 20th of March 2017 which if you turn it over shows the account balance from the 07th of November 2016 to the 20 March 2017 and there is another also which is dated the 07th of November 2016 and if you turn it over will show the balance from the 6th of May 2016 to the 07th November 2016. Both are original documents that were sent with all the documents. We will contact ****** to see if they can re-issue this statement if you are unable to find it?

(later we sent them the same documents received from the bank)

Today We received a further request.

1. 1, detailed bank statements from ******* confirming the balance of account *********** for *********** between 01 September 2016 to 07 November 2016. This is because the earliest statement you have submitted dates from November 2016 so we require evidence of the funds held from 01 September 2016.

As stated the 07th November 2016 Statement lists the previous detailed 6 months and the March 2016 (requested early from bank for Visa submission) detailed the account from November to that point, therefore they have received 10 months of statements.

They seem to believe that because the statement is dated the 07th of November that it lists transactions from this date.

I shall just have to submit the information for a third time but this time also submit the statement from May 2016 which lists the acct details from Dec 2015.

It is so frustrating. I am in the wrong? What happens if they still don't understand the bank statement (do they check each others work?)

It is terrifying because it was clear from the initial request that they didn't look closely at the application as they asked for more recent council tax bills than March 2017. (resolved)

They also asked for us to get confrimation from the other bank that our current account was instantly accessible even though they had reams of statements showing detailed transactions every day for token amounts at Sainsburys etc. (resolved)

I can only think that they let loose the boy on work experience on our case. It seems to me to be beyond satire.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I don't quite understand. How often is your statement issued? Monthly, quarterly, 6-monthly?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

6 monthly,

so March 2017 statement (requested early from bank to use in initial application) listed all account details from November 2016 to March 2017 (application date) and we also provided the previous 6 monthly statement dated November 2016 which listed in detail full account information from 6th of May 2016 to November 2016.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I see, that seems to be in order. Tell your wife: kibou wo ushinawazu seikou ni mukatte zenryokutosshin ****e. Press ahead for success without losing hope.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I suppose it's no worse than making immigration applications in Japan at a regional bureau, but they seem to be much more efficient for a very low fee, like £20 - £30. Well, they don't have to deal with hundreds of thousands.
You just have to explain they have all the financial documents they need. Perhaps you can do a spreadsheet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.