Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to Melbourne on 16 April 2014,I am expected to get my PR in till November, Its been one year I am looking for a job in admin,reception and any kind of office job as i Have 4 yeas experience from India,.I am applying via different websites,Seek,indeed,etc.found one job with min pay wage from 4 months.Its really tuff to find job in Melbourne.I am searching job for whole day and its kind of depression not getting anywhere.

Would anyone can give some good tips to find job in Melbourne as I am really eager to work anywhere,

Your suggestion may make big change to someone life.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello,

》I think the first thing you have to do for finding a job is making a very high standard cover letter and resume with no spelling or grammatical mistakes. Use good quality English to sell your skills and experience. You must proof-read it by experts. Read a lot of LinkedIn profiles of people who have similar experience and then take inspiration from there.

》Never loose hope. Always keep yourself engaged with learning and consistently do self development. Do everything with a structured and planned way. Always take advice from friends and family members who have a positive attitude toward life. Stay away from people who let you down. Not getting a job is frustrating but do not let it to demoralize you.

》Look for job everywhere: online, offline. Always keep an eye on the job sites. Don't apply for hundreds of jobs. Apply only for those that are relevant. Invest much time to customize your resume and cover letter. Contact the recruiters and if possible meet them face to face.

》Make a good online presence. Build a strong and effective network in LinkedIn. Meet a lot of people who may have something good for you, talk to them. Enhance your communication skill. If needed do some courses to get certified and learn some relevant skills.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hiii all,
Is there any newspaper that put ads for jobs in melbourne? I think the employer who pay money for such ads should have a genuine chance of employment, rather than many employers who put some ads on job portals just to test the labour market and get some Cv's.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
There are many locals who apply for such positions as it doesn't require much skill set or qualification. As you are not a Permanent Resident this could be a reason you are not getting much response. I would suggest you to enhance your skills/qualification by doing some course that should help you in getting a good job.

Girl Aussie

I came to Melbourne on 16 April 2014,I am expected to get my PR in till November, Its been one year I am looking for a job in admin,reception and any kind of office job as i Have 4 yeas experience from India,.I am applying via different websites,Seek,indeed,etc.found one job with min pay wage from 4 months.Its really tuff to find job in Melbourne.I am searching job for whole day and its kind of depression not getting anywhere.

Would anyone can give some good tips to find job in Melbourne as I am really eager to work anywhere,

Your suggestion may make big change to someone life.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Without being a PR holder you can almost forget about such jobs. I would suggest looking at call center, sales jobs where you can get a foothold and gain some experience and build from there once you get a PR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts