Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got my required IELTS score(7.5 avg with 7 in each) in Dec 2014 with my PassportNo1.
However, I have a concern that I had given my IELTS with PassportNo1 and now I wish to add my spouse name in passport, so there will be a change in Passport number.
So, If I apply for ACS now with new passport, say PassportNo2 and Get skills approved on that. Then while Filling EOI and Visa, What/how should I mention that I had given IELTs with PassportNo1 and then and subsequently EOI and Visa with new Passport(PassportNo2)

Kindly provide a suitable approach to this issue/concern.

Regards
Varun

·
Registered
337 Posts
No problem at all. IELTS And ACS have their own unique numbers to track. Go ahead and get your new PP. you can mention the details about old pp in eVisa/Form 80

Reactions: kvsachdeva

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Rightfully said by experts above. Moreover, you will upload all your passports in your visa application. Passport2 has Passport1's number mentioned as "earlier passport number", and thus both of them can be linked to each other proving that they are all yours.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Rightfully said by experts above. Moreover, you will upload all your passports in your visa application. Passport2 has Passport1's number mentioned as "earlier passport number", and thus both of them can be linked to each other proving that they are all yours.
even if countries that do not include previous passport # in the new one (neither mine nor my wife's do) it would still not be an issue.

DIBP are reasonable and understand that people change passports for a multitude of reasons (change of looks, expiry, upgrading to MRP/e-Passport, pages are full, lost/damaged ...etc.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

No problem at all. IELTS And ACS have their own unique numbers to track. Go ahead and get your new PP. you can mention the details about old pp in eVisa/Form 80
Thanks TeamRanger.
I'll go ahead and apply for a passport renewal.
Another query is that while filling EOI, I will fill my new passport no, but the IELTS Test Reference which I'll provide in EOI will correspond to old Passport No. So, how do I mention in EOI that I have taken the IELTS on another(old) passport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thank you all for a quick response.
Looking forward to a few more interactions with the folks here :)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks TeamRanger.
I'll go ahead and apply for a passport renewal.
Another query is that while filling EOI, I will fill my new passport no, but the IELTS Test Reference which I'll provide in EOI will correspond to old Passport No. So, how do I mention in EOI that I have taken the IELTS on another(old) passport.
EOI does not specifically ask for your passport number. There is a certain ID document with its issued-date or expiry-date to be entered, but that is solely for the purpose of lost-password-recovery.

In the EOI, you just mention the IELTS TRF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts