Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,
I had suspended my EOI with 70 points today just before invitation round to avoid getting one, the reason for this is that I have found few discrepancies in my docs.
I request you guys to help me.

1) My Passport has my village name as Birth Place whereas my birth cert has district name as birthplace also my parent's names are with surnames on my passport whereas on my birth cert their names are mentioned without surnames
Do you suggest an affidavit will do in this case or I can request a new birth cert based on my passport in Singapore
or
If an affidavit is required, do I need to physically present for it or it can be done by my father on my behalf telling the discrepancies and send me the scanned one, without going to india.

2) Same above case with parents surname not in my wife's birth cert but in passport exist

3) Since I had given birth cert info in other national documents section while creating HAPID , so now not providing it during visa lodge will cause discrepency??

4) My marriage cert has my name and my father name without surname
for this also do you suggest affidavit will do or shall I go ahead with new marriage cert which is very cumbersome I guess?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Friends,
I had suspended my EOI with 70 points today just before invitation round to avoid getting one, the reason for this is that I have found few discrepancies in my docs.
I request you guys to help me.

1) My Passport has my village name as Birth Place whereas my birth cert has district name as birthplace also my parent's names are with surnames on my passport whereas on my birth cert their names are mentioned without surnames
Do you suggest an affidavit will do in this case or I can request a new birth cert based on my passport in Singapore
or
If an affidavit is required, do I need to physically present for it or it can be done by my father on my behalf telling the discrepancies and send me the scanned one, without going to india.

2) Same above case with parents surname not in my wife's birth cert but in passport exist

3) Since I had given birth cert info in other national documents section while creating HAPID , so now not providing it during visa lodge will cause discrepency??

4) My marriage cert has my name and my father name without surname
for this also do you suggest affidavit will do or shall I go ahead with new marriage cert which is very cumbersome I guess?

Thanks in advance.
Any inputs friends??

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Any inputs friends??
Hi

Use the name in passports during EOI and VISA application process. If SURNAME Is missing in passport then enter full name in SURNAME field of applications.

For any name discrepancies or name variations an AFFIDAVIT will be fine. During VISA application you can say "yes" for known by any other names and can mention that the names are of same name variation and you will upload an affidavit.

The affidavit should be made by you for yourselfs and by your spouse for herselfs. It can be made from the place where you are currently residing. No need to go anywhere else.

HAP ID should use the name as per passport. During this entire PR process, passport name are what should be USED. DO NOT DEPEND ON ANY OTHER DOC. Only create affidavits listing all name variations. Mention your passport name in the beginning of the affidavit. Search the forum for same name variation affidavit template.

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Use the name in passports during EOI and VISA application process. If SURNAME Is missing in passport then enter full name in SURNAME field of applications.

For any name discrepancies or name variations an AFFIDAVIT will be fine. During VISA application you can say "yes" for known by any other names and can mention that the names are of same name variation and you will upload an affidavit.

The affidavit should be made by you for yourselfs and by your spouse for herselfs. It can be made from the place where you are currently residing. No need to go anywhere else.

HAP ID should use the name as per passport. During this entire PR process, passport name are what should be USED. DO NOT DEPEND ON ANY OTHER DOC. Only create affidavits listing all name variations. Mention your passport name in the beginning of the affidavit. Search the forum for same name variation affidavit template.

Cheers
thanks buddy.
I think I will try to get the birth cert rectified first in india if not possible then I will apply for new birth certificate in Singapore based on my passport. At least that would have all my name, birthplace, and parents name accurate. Same with marriage cert.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts