Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am planning to apply for Australian Immigration. I have been studying various internet sources for information. However, i am really confused about Skilled Occupation and Consolidated Skill Occupation. I'll appreciate if someone can clarify and pen down some differences between these two along with their benefits.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you're referring to the two occupation lists on the DIBP website (SOL and CSOL), each is relevant for different visas. This page should help explain the difference:

Skilled occupations

The only real "benefit" is that if your occupation is on the SOL, you can apply for an independent visa that doesn't require state or employer sponsorship so you have the greatest amount of flexibility to live/work anywhere and for anyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does it mean that if my occupation is not in SOL but in CSOL, i can still apply for Visa 190 in states like NSW and Victoria etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, you will just have to check whether your occupation is available in the list for these 2 states.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What if my occupation is not in the occupation list of these two states? Can i still apply for visa 190 in these two states since my occupation is in CSOL?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your occupation must be on the state's occupation list for them to sponsor you for a 190 visa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so what i understood from above is that even if an occupation is in CSOL, the occupation must also be in State occupation list so that state can sponsor for visa 190. Furthermore if an occupation is in CSOL, it is of no use unless and still occupation is in state occupation list for visa 190.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts