Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the major differences between 189 and 190? I am not taking any help from agencies and working on the PR process myself.

Following is my understanding on 190

1) It is state sponsored visa and we get additional points
2) We have to work in the state which has sponsored the visa for minimum of two years. I am not sure after which we can work in other states?
3) There are seperate occupational celiengs for this?

Please let me know. I have got a +ve assesement in ACS and I have applied ACS for my spouse. Next up is my PTE on 22nd. Hopefully if I get my spouse ACS ready by this month end, then I have to go ahead and file EOI.

Any advice will be really helpful!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the major differences between 189 and 190? I am not taking any help from agencies and working on the PR process myself.

2) We have to work in the state which has sponsored the visa for minimum of two years. I am not sure after which we can work in other states?

Please let me know. I have got a +ve assesement in ACS and I have applied ACS for my spouse. Next up is my PTE on 22nd. Hopefully if I get my spouse ACS ready by this month end, then I have to go ahead and file EOI.

Yes the major difference is, with 189 you can get employed across Australia but wherelse for 190 you need to work in the particular state for some defined period. You get extra 5 points for state sponsorship.

If you have 60 points you can apply for 189 itself. That would be better.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi,

>> Yes. Additional 5 points from the sponsoring state.

>> Yes, after 2 years you can work anywhere in Australia. This is the only difference between 189 and 190.

>> No ceiling for 190. It also does not follow the monthly invitation cycles either. You get invited when the state approves your nomination.

replies inline above.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks KeeDa! Your response is very clear!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks KeeDa! Your response is very clear!
Hi KeeDa,

I have a question for one of my friends:

1. He has completed 2 years of Bachelor degree in Computer Science - Part Time
2. He has compleyed a 2 year Diploma course in Computer Science - Full Time

Any idea how many points he may get in ACS assesment for his education?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi KeeDa,

I have a question for one of my friends:

1. He has completed 2 years of Bachelor degree in Computer Science - Part Time
2. He has compleyed a 2 year Diploma course in Computer Science - Full Time

Any idea how many points he may get in ACS assesment for his education?
It all depends on how much ICT content these courses had and how they are viewed by ACS. If as equivalent to Bachelors, then 15 points. The Diploma would not be considered as Bachelors though. At most as AQF Diploma giving him 10 points only. So, his best bet for 15 points is the Comp Science degree. It all depends on the degree itself. If not the degree, then the Diploma for sure will give him 10 points.

Does he have any work experience? Because without minimum 2 years of work experience, he won't get a positive assessment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It all depends on how much ICT content these courses had and how they are viewed by ACS. If as equivalent to Bachelors, then 15 points. The Diploma would not be considered as Bachelors though. At most as AQF Diploma giving him 10 points only. So, his best bet for 15 points is the Comp Science degree. It all depends on the degree itself. If not the degree, then the Diploma for sure will give him 10 points.

Does he have any work experience? Because without minimum 2 years of work experience, he won't get a positive assessment.

he has 7+ years of exp .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he has 7+ years of exp .
Thank you KeeDa. Appreciate your prompt and clear response. Hope to have more questions clarified from you in future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts