Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone Merry Xmas
Recently I help my parents to apply for the 103 visa. There is a question about "Did you receive assistance in completing this form?" In fact as there child I helped them to translate the form, because they dont understand too much English. But if I choose YES there are some continuous questions including " whether this person is an agent registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority. Is this person in Aus and did you pay the person a gift?" I am wondering I am not an agent but I helped my parents is this legal?
Best Wishes

·
Super Moderator
5,697 Posts
Hi Everyone Merry Xmas
Recently I help my parents to apply for the 103 visa. There is a question about "Did you receive assistance in completing this form?" In fact as there child I helped them to translate the form, because they dont understand too much English. But if I choose YES there are some continuous questions including " whether this person is an agent registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority. Is this person in Aus and did you pay the person a gift?" I am wondering I am not an agent but I helped my parents is this legal?
Best Wishes
Yes, that's fine. Anyone can help with translating, but apart from Registered Migration Agents, only a few different types of people can provide help and immigration advice, as long as they don't charge a fee - these include direct family members - see the link below. :)

Just answer all the questions truthfully. :)

Who is an ‘exempt person’?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts