Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My agent has lodged my visa application online on 17th November and my credit card has also been charged for the Visa fees on the same day.

However, I did not receive the TRN so far. Its been a week now.

Generally, how long does it take to get the TRN after the Visa fees is collected?

--Subbaram

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subbaram,

TRN gets generated instantly, say 5-10 mins but case file number gets generated after a day.

if you have not got it already, you can generate one: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquir...BC36.tomcat4-jdk14-4409-worker?action=contact
1) What could have gone wrong as I did not receive my TRN(so as the file number, etc.)?
2) Do I need to check with my agent who has lodged my application or can I raise a query to DIAC directly?
3) Did any one experience such delay in receiving TRN/file number? If so, please share your thoughs about the same.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
dear subbaram,

just follow the link i provided to you in my last post, providing the details of payment etc. DIAC would send you your TRN.

Most cases, agents keep your TRN file number with them as they manage your case on ur behalf.. call your agent and ask them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dear subbaram,

just follow the link i provided to you in my last post, providing the details of payment etc. DIAC would send you your TRN.

Most cases, agents keep your TRN file number with them as they manage your case on ur behalf.. call your agent and ask them.
Hi Mr.India,

Forgot to mention, I have tried that link yesterday itself and even now.

It says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Mr.India,

Forgot to mention, I have tried that link yesterday itself and even now.

It says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
Hummmm... I experienced that too yesetrday when I was trying to upload few documents on DIAC's website..

Try some other time.. or give ur agent a ring..

·
Registered
33 Posts
1) What could have gone wrong as I did not receive my TRN(so as the file number, etc.)?
2) Do I need to check with my agent who has lodged my application or can I raise a query to DIAC directly?
3) Did any one experience such delay in receiving TRN/file number? If so, please share your thoughs about the same.
If you have an agent, he or she is the best person to answer your TRN questions.

Regards
Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts