Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi. I am doing a fiancé visa in ja. And it looks like it's taking the full 12 weeks. I am on week 11 now. Pay for priority if u can. Makes is so much quicker.
Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not pay for priority service. I sent my application 3 weeks ago. I didn't know they take that long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone else experienced long delays with UKBA Jamaica?

Can I hear how long your process took please?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did u apply from ja or uk??? It took 12 weeks for me. But mine was a fiancé visa. But it seems like they are all taking 12 weeks at least.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We applied in Kingston Jaw really hoping it doesn't take the full 12 weeks as we will miss Xmas :-( you must of been so pleased when you received it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes that's the way it is unfortunately. But it was worth the wait. My fiancé been here 4 days. He is soooooo cold. But loving it here. And there is nothing better than him being here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes that's the way it is unfortunately. But it was worth the wait. My fiancé been here 4 days. He is soooooo cold. But loving it here. And there is nothing better than him being here.

Oh it's so wonderful to hear from someone who's been successful. Gives us all hope, wishing u botha wonderful wedding day and i can rerecommend thermal vests for the cold x

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ja used to be notorious for refusals. Although the rules are tougher now everyone is clear on what they need to provide for finance and how it's calculated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They have got to be joking _ I just got an email from Kingston ukba- it was a satisfaction survey about our recent application. My heart stopped because I thought it was the decision email. That's very cruel of them, no I'm not satisfied because I haven't had a decision and they have increased my stress levels by making me think it was the decision email

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Oh dear! I got that email today too, but it was in reference to my husband's application for a visitor's visa last May! However, I could only give good comments because it came through very quickly, as did one of my friend's. Hope when we put in for a spouse visa, I can respond as positively!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.