Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can the Spanish Government just go into your bank account and withraw money from it without your consent or you even having any idea they have done so until they have removed it! :mad: I paid over €1,200 to the social security what I owed them back in 2009, only to find they have been into my bank account last week and taken out €1,503 which included €224 interest! :mad::mad: Are the Spanish thick or what! Is the Spanish system that archaic that they don't know what they are doing? Now, I have got to make an appointment to go to see the social security with a translator to get my money back and from what I can gather this takes months before you get it back. I wonder if I can charge them interest for them having my money in their bank account and pay my translator as well!:boxing:

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Why can the Spanish Government just go into your bank account and withraw money from it without your consent or you even having any idea they have done so until they have removed it! :mad: I paid over €1,200 to the social security what I owed them back in 2009, only to find they have been into my bank account last week and taken out €1,503 which included €224 interest! :mad::mad: Are the Spanish thick or what! Is the Spanish system that archaic that they don't know what they are doing? Now, I have got to make an appointment to go to see the social security with a translator to get my money back and from what I can gather this takes months before you get it back. I wonder if I can charge them interest for them having my money in their bank account and pay my translator as well!:boxing:
In answer to the only question that I can see that you've asked, - no, the Spanish aren't thick, or what, or at least no thicker than a good few Brits that I know.:)
So, you've been done out of some money it seems. My advice, even though I'm not sure that you're asking for any, is to not get overly upset or angry about it, especially to the person who deals with your case, cos it won't be to your advantage and can only put more barriers up.
How come you owed SS payments anyway?
I've just seen that you did ask another question. Yes, it's quite possible that the Spanish system is archaic, and it certainly isn't foolproof. However, if you work and live here - it's the only one we've got, so this is what you've got to work with.
OH is a teacher, up till now without a contract. Every year, for 10 years he was contracted again to work the following September. Every year he was paid half a month's salary in September when his previous contract ran out. What was owed was paid in October or November. Every year for 10 years. Of course it was inconvenient, and more than once caused financial problems, and we complained, but you have to get on and live with it too.

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
In answer to the only question that I can see that you've asked, - no, the Spanish aren't thick, or what, or at least no thicker than a good few Brits that I know.:)
So, you've been done out of some money it seems. My advice, even though I'm not sure that you're asking for any, is to not get overly upset or angry about it, especially to the person who deals with your case, cos it won't be to your advantage and can only put more barriers up.
How come you owed SS payments anyway?
I've just seen that you did ask another question. Yes, it's quite possible that the Spanish system is archaic, and it certainly isn't foolproof. However, if you work and live here - it's the only one we've got, so this is what you've got to work with.
OH is a teacher, up till now without a contract. Every year, for 10 years he was contracted again to work the following September. Every year he was paid half a month's salary in September when his previous contract ran out. What was owed was paid in October or November. Every year for 10 years. Of course it was inconvenient, and more than once caused financial problems, and we complained, but you have to get on and live with it too.
Sorry, not without a contract. With a temporary contract not a permanent contract

1 - 3 of 3 Posts