Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have been invited for 189 under software engineer category. I work in a Govt. organization which keeps the information of its employees confidential. I have each and every thing from Offer letter, Appointment letter, bank statement, Tax statements, pay slips but I have provided a Statutory declaration from my senior colleague as my organization in no way would provide me a reference letter. They dont give details of work even when you resign. Moreover, my passport also shows that I am a Govt employee.

I am worried that if DIBP tries to contact my organization, HR would surely not going to give them my details for confidentiality reasons and even I can get into trouble from my HR if they come to know that the call was from immigration department. Physical verification is also out of question as the organization where I work wont let public access to their work sites.

My question is what to do in current situation? What if DIBP decide to call my organization and they dont provide them my details. Will DIBP be content on my documentation in that case?

Regards

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, the evidence you already have should be more than enough to convince your CO .... they dont contact the employer most of the time ... but even if they do and dont get the positive response from HR... CO will contact you via email and ask for the explanation in 28 days ... you can explain your situation to him .... I am sure he will understand ....

But, how you will deal with your employer once they get the call from DIBP... you have to come up with something solid ....

But really ... no experience letter even after you leave the company .... thats weird ...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...They give experience letter but it only mentions the duration for which you worked for them. It does not have the details and nature of your job for information security purposes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
In that case ... reference letter from your senior would do the trick ... A friend of mine got a reference letter from his senior mentioning responsibilities and an experience letter from employer stating position, dates and salary ... He had no issues in getting the PR ....

Reactions: jewelthief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I request DIBP not to introduce themselves as immigration department if they ever contact my current employer? If they can, it will be good for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi,

I received a call for job verification today from Australia embassy. I lodged my visa on Nov. 2015

does that mean my application is going to be finalized or I still have a long waiting game??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,
thanks for your reply. in average, for how long should I wait?

Hello Shrif,

I guess you must have got the grant long back. Can you put in more details about your employment verification, who called up and what all was asked?

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts