Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I really really need help from you guys, please advise me

there is a gap of more than 3 years between my bachelors and masters degree i was still working during my masters. let me explain in detail
- joined job after bachelors. after 3.5 years i took admission in masters (but was still working along while taking masters classes)
- all of this adds to more than 6 years of experience (in the same organization)

but I am worried that assessment authority will only count experience before masters or after it. is that the case?

Here in Pakistan both masters and bachelors take 4 years to complete (2 years for each)

My job is most relevant to HR Adviser/Recruitment Consultant but the DIBP website states
"This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1)."

I am not sure whether a 2 years Bachelor degree is equal to Bachelor degree by Australian standard.

So what should I do if Masters equals to Australian bachelors then this means that over three years of my experience that was before and during my masters studies will be of no use. Can any of you good people please clarify what should I do. I want to claim points for all 6 years can I go ahead and apply for assessment or will they not count my years during/before masters?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone please answer suppose if Vetassess assessed 5 years of your job experience does DIBP deduct years from it too? if yes why what is the purpose of assessment authority then. Some occupations experience that require Bachelors are considered by Vetassess even if the experience was pre bachelors so Vetassess count those years as skilled too.

So the question is does DIBP has other criteria? if aseessment authority has already assessed the candidate then why would DIBP deduct years (of course I am talking about fully backed with proof employment).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

How are you saying DIAC will reduce the experience which is considered by assessment authority?

What if it goes unnoticed and things are favorable to you, if they go as per the assessment authority.
In that case, you wont any issue right?

I'm not very familiar with your query, but I pray that your problems resolve ASAP.

Senior members please advice

Reactions: FrozenAh

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a scenario. I have been reading a lot of stuff here. The thing is as per my knowledge (which is of a newbie thus opened this thread for advice) DIBP has different assessment criteria but if they still deduct years after assessment authority has positively assessed a candidates experience then I dont see the point of assessment authority. Just trying to understand here if DIBP really does that then whats their criteria of assessment?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to further clarify vetassess accepts some occupations experience as skilled even if the candidate dont meet the general bachelors degree requirement. but DIBP may refuse to accept it as skilled because general requirement is bachelors degree. problem arises when you have enough points to apply for 189 you apply with 60/65 points and if DIBP doesnt accept those years before bachelors as skilled your points will decrease which is a solid reason to get your visa refused.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have 3.5 years post qualification experience as an agricultural Scientist but Vetassess positively assessed only 2.5 years experience, although, on Vetassess report my original working experience is mentioned.
My question is can I still claim 5 points for this experience or not?
I am in an urgent need of these information and any help will be highly appreciated.
Najeeb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I have 3.5 years post qualification experience as an agricultural Scientist but Vetassess positively assessed only 2.5 years experience, although, on Vetassess report my original working experience is mentioned.
My question is can I still claim 5 points for this experience or not?
I am in an urgent need of these information and any help will be highly appreciated.
Najeeb
I have the same problem just like you i got only 2 years positive assessment from vetassess out of 3 years .but i have more than 3 years experience . Can you tell me that i should go for EOI and SS with this assessment. Does DIBP have different criteria so that they can grant 5 points toward my experience

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same problem just like you i got only 2 years positive assessment from vetassess out of 3 years .but i have more than 3 years experience . Can you tell me that i should go for EOI and state sponsorship with this assessment. Does DIBP have different criteria so that they can grant 5 points toward my experience

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same problem just like you i got only 2 years positive assessment from vetassess out of 3 years .but i have more than 3 years experience . Can you tell me that i should go for EOI and state sponsorship with this assessment. Does DIBP have different criteria so that they can grant 5 points toward my experience
Bro Dibp will refer to vetassess assessment and will only consider experience after you were deemed skilled (date stated by vetassess).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bro Dibp will refer to vetassess assessment and will only consider experience after you were deemed skilled (date stated by vetassess).
But dont you think its unfair... this way how can somebody attain the required points for their experience??Any way out??

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But dont you think its unfair... this way how can somebody attain the required points for their experience??Any way out??
Assessment authorities have set criteria, they deduct years to deem you as skilled. There is no way out except if you had more experience related to the occupation and go for a reassessment to add that experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Assessment authorities have set criteria, they deduct years to deem you as skilled. There is no way out except if you had more experience related to the occupation and go for a reassessment to add that experience.
now while filling forms for state nomination and EOI should i mention only 2 years of experience instead of 3???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now while filling forms for state nomination and EOI should i mention only 2 years of experience instead of 3???
Yes and in EOI split your experience, the period that is not positively assessed by vetassess, select non relevant for that and for the period vetassess positively assessed select relevant. In anyother place yes you only have to put those two years only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes and in EOI split your experience, the period that is not positively assessed by vetassess, select non relevant for that and for the period vetassess positively assessed select relevant. In anyother place yes you only have to put those two years only.
ooops:mad: 1 more thing. when i have to attach the documents , my reference letter/experience letter shows 3 years of experience..?? contradiction here or i wont need it to upload later???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ooops:mad: 1 more thing. when i have to attach the documents , my reference letter/experience letter shows 3 years of experience..?? contradiction here or i wont need it to upload later???
it does not matter even if it says 10 years of experience. You will need to upload experience letter after applying for visa. Its not a contradiction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
it does not matter even if it says 10 years of experience. You will need to upload experience letter after applying for visa. Its not a contradiction.
i claimed from 2013 to 2016..what assessing authority told me is given below.
Employment assessed : from august 2014 to august 2016 (2 years) as it meet the minimum criteria for this occupation.
then in Points test advise
Date deemed skilled for point test advise: august 2014
number of years assessed positively : 2 years
The following claims have not been included in above calculations
from 2013 to 2014 as the employment was used to calculate the qualifing period required to meet the skill level of nominated occupation.
Now please guide me again whether i can claim for 5 points for relevant experience???
Thanks again

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i claimed from 2013 to 2016..what assessing authority told me is given below.
Employment assessed : from august 2014 to august 2016 (2 years) as it meet the minimum criteria for this occupation.
then in Points test advise
Date deemed skilled for point test advise: august 2014
number of years assessed positively : 2 years
The following claims have not been included in above calculations
from 2013 to 2014 as the employment was used to calculate the qualifing period required to meet the skill level of nominated occupation.
Now please guide me again whether i can claim for 5 points for relevant experience???
Thanks again
Bro your employment only after august 2014 is going to be used for points so since its less than 3 years so no you can not claim 5 points.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bro your employment only after august 2014 is going to be used for points so since its less than 3 years so no you can not claim 5 points.
hi,
ok i still meet the threshold of 60 points without claiming the points of experience...but on Jan 26 i ll turn 33 so will lose 5 more points i.e will fall to 55 points. now the question sir is in these 2 months would i be able to get the outcome for state sponsorship. moreover, for the sake of argument lets say i lodge my visa application 15th Jan...would my age be considered 32 i.e the date when application is lodged rather than the process completed?? bcz i heard the visa process might take alot of time

·
Registered
44 Posts
hiii

hi,
ok i still meet the threshold of 60 points without claiming the points of experience...but on Jan 26 i ll turn 33 so will lose 5 more points i.e will fall to 55 points. now the question sir is in these 2 months would i be able to get the outcome for state sponsorship. moreover, for the sake of argument lets say i lodge my visa application 15th Jan...would my age be considered 32 i.e the date when application is lodged rather than the process completed?? bcz i heard the visa process might take alot of time[

1 - 20 of 30 Posts