Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am creating this "delay email" thread, as I feel there is no separate thread for those who got/about to get delay email from DIBP in and around May/June of any program year. Might definitely help someone who will be getting in future as well.

I request those got the email to post your current status after getting the email.

The content of the delay email would something very similar to the below one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing to you regarding the current status of an application for a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa.

GSM visas include applications for the following visa subclasses:
• Skilled Independent (subclass 189); and
• Skilled Nominated (subclass 190); and
• Skilled Regional (subclass 489) – First Provisional Stream

The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which applications are processed.

Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

There are a limited number of places available for GSM applicants for the 2016-17 programme year and therefore processing times will be longer for some visa applicants. Additionally once the remaining places are used we will be unable to grant further visas in this category in the current programme year.

As the planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot advise when this application will be finalised.

Thank you
Hari.

Reactions: Rajnath27

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi All,

I am creating this "delay email" thread, as I feel there is no separate thread for those who got/about to get delay email from DIBP in and around May/June of any program year. Might definitely help someone who will be getting in future as well.

I request those got the email to post your current status after getting the email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing to you regarding the current status of an application for a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa.

The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which applications are processed.

Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

There are a limited number of places available for GSM applicants for the 2016-17 programme year and therefore processing times will be longer for some visa applicants. Additionally once the remaining places are used we will be unable to grant further visas in this category in the current programme year.

As the planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot advise when this application will be finalised.

Thank you

Hari.

Hi hari

Have you got your visa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi All,

Thank you
Hari.
Maybe in their user interface grant and delay e-mail is next to each other and CO clicked on the wrong button :D

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes bro. I am sure it is. But trying to understand current statue of those who got this email. Just to figure out something out of this.

Thank you!!!.

It must be a mistake bro :) i hope its pre-grant trigger for you.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi hari

Have you got your visa

No. Just waiting for the grant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos.

·
Registered
882 Posts
This thread is user to those waiting for grant,I'm one of them however I didn't receive delay email

Reactions: Rajnath27

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thread is user to those waiting for grant,I'm one of them however I didn't receive delay email

This thread is for those who got the delay email and waiting for the grant. :) Welcome everyone :)

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
18 Posts
i recieved the same on june 13. Visa Lodged 190 Victoria under 254499 REG Nurse category on february 23, 2017. CO contact march 22 for PCC. Uploaded the same with new passport details and form 929 and new PCC on may 2, 2017.
Waiting for Grant

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi All,

Thank you
Hari.
Hi Hari,

Did you get this mail? after verification?

Thank you
Vishnu

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Hari,

Did you get this mail? after verification?

Thank you

Vishnu

Yeah post verification from AHC, as quote in my signature.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have waited for 2 months....

·
Registered
7 Posts
3rd July

I got a similar email on the 3rd of July

"The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

Regards
Hong"

Still waiting for the grant, but grateful for being informed of the current status.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

"The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

Regards
Hong"

Still waiting for the grant, but grateful for being informed of the current status.
Hi,

Did you inquire about your visa status or they just sent this own their own?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

Regards
Hong"

Kind of weird that they send a mail advising that the limit on places may delay grant of visa....on 3rd July. Strange. I would guess that it's either a) they're running slow on informing of delays, b) they recognise that until they get those ceilings they have no visa availability or c) sinister stuff (only kidding).

Still, I would have expected this mail on, say, 3rd June, not 3rd July.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kind of weird that they send a mail advising that the limit on places may delay grant of visa....on 3rd July. Strange. I would guess that it's either a) they're running slow on informing of delays, b) they recognise that until they get those ceilings they have no visa availability or c) sinister stuff (only kidding).

Still, I would have expected this mail on, say, 3rd June, not 3rd July.
I guess some news is better than no news. My CO doesn't reply at all, even when I had to request for a potential extension of the 28 days to provide my PCC documents. So I was quite surprised that someone replied.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I didn't inquire about my visa status, but just informed them I've submitted my PCC. I wasn't expecting a reply, but good to have one nonetheless.
Which gsm team co were you assigned to ? I didn't get anything after emailing them that I uploaded my docs . I get the feeling that ur email triggered them to review your application while mine is still in the queue thus no delay email was sent to me

·
Registered
882 Posts
I guess some news is better than no news. My CO doesn't reply at all, even when I had to request for a potential extension of the 28 days to provide my PCC documents. So I was quite surprised that someone replied.
Good luck 👍

1 - 20 of 42 Posts