Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I applied for ACS on June 10th and got the result around the start of September. I had a total of 3 years and 9 months of experience. Since my IT Degree does not closely match my profession, ACS required 4 years of experience. They had no other objections except for the minimum experience requirement which is 4 years.

Now that my 4 years are complete, I again submitted my ACS application and it is currently under process. I am expecting an effective experience of about 1 month from ACS as they will deduct 4 years.

Now question is as follows:

- According to DIAG, it is the opinion of ACS that 4 years should be deducted, Should i file my application with 4 years of experience or not and let DIAG decide.

- Is 3 years of experience required for DIAG or not. without experience I have 65 points.

My Points:
Exp: 05 (if DIAG Neglects ACS)
Degree: 15
IELTS: 20

========

Total 70 or 65
============

Thank You for you help and support

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since ACS will deduct 4 years, you cannot claim points for work experience. You can lodge your application with 65 points or get an additional 5 points by applying for State sponsorship.

Reactions: Mack1982

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

So in other words experience is not mandatory requirement for visa invitation. I can claim 65 points (Age: 30, Degree: 15, IELTS: 20) and get the invitation without mentioning experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts