Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

i have already posted one thread on this topic and also got some advise, but still no solution. :confused::confused:

-- i do not have that much credit limit that i can make the payment of 3520 AUD.
-- i tried to get the traveler card from Forex dealers but all of them need the valid visa and tickets in order to issue.

So i am stuck on this. Is there any other way to make this payment. Please help ASAP.

shiv

·
Registered
657 Posts
Call the customer care of your Bank. Tell them you want to pay the VISA fees and request them to increase your credit limit to around 2 lacs for one transaction. Transfer this much amount to your credit card and pay the fees.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Guys,

i have already posted one thread on this topic and also got some advise, but still no solution. :confused::confused:

-- i do not have that much credit limit that i can make the payment of 3520 AUD.
-- i tried to get the traveler card from Forex dealers but all of them need the valid visa and tickets in order to issue.

So i am stuck on this. Is there any other way to make this payment. Please help ASAP.

shiv
Shiv,
please contact banking agent in one of ICICI bank branch. Tell him that, you would like to start a new account and also also ask him to issue a traveller card. if they get a new account, they will do it for you. Because traveller card is issuing from the branch itself. if they asked about Visa, just show him your visa invitation paper

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

thanks for the response. will this work? have you tried?

shiv

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey thanks, i will try this today. How much extra we have to pay to ICICI bank.
I would say you to go for World Money Card from CITI Bank, that would save you some more...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was in the same boat lacking of the limit but i used my debit card to pay the fee.

Or second option is seek a friend or relative in Australia or in any country and ask him/her to pay on your behalf.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm thinking to get CITI travel card to pay visa fee, but CITI has implemented the limit of 5000 AUD or units per transaction whereas I have pay 5280.

So my question is, can I pay my fee separately (3520) and my wife's (1760) in another transaction or it has to be done in a transaction?

·
Registered
965 Posts
it has to be in same transaction. two diff transactions are not allowed

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm thinking to get CITI travel card to pay visa fee, but CITI has implemented the limit of 5000 AUD or units per transaction whereas I have pay 5280.

So my question is, can I pay my fee separately (3520) and my wife's (1760) in another transaction or it has to be done in a transaction?
Dear All

i have the same problem to pay visa fees. my fees is 5280 AUD. and no credit card of this limit. can i submit Demand Draft(Bank Cheque) along with my print of e visa application to any of the immigration processing centre in australia through courier from pakistan.

and what would be the drawbacks of this application. will they feed it in online system. or this application will be processed manually.plzz advise. its very urgent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Guys,

shiv
Hi

you can request any of your friends in either USA/Aus/UK to pay the fee through their credit card. possibly they will have a minimum of 5000$ credit limit. Recently I have paid 6125$ in same way. hope it helps.

·
Registered
229 Posts
@shivkaundal,

Speak to your credit card bank, request for a temporary limit increase and specify the amount required. Ensure you take into consideration the 3.5%+Service tax conversion charges.
E.g If 4 lakhs is what you require, ensure you talk for 4 lakhs+3.5%+Service tax of 12.35%

If you have a good credit history, Banks will give you this limit increase for a limited Window. of 7, 10 days etc. Remember it takes them minimum of 24 hrs for this to get activated. Plan accordingly

Other alternative would be, American express cards usually do not have upper limit. At the same time ensure you/friend calls American Express CC and inform on this high value transaction. Else they reject if dont without informing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@shivkaundal,

Speak to your credit card bank, request for a temporary limit increase and specify the amount required. Ensure you take into consideration the 3.5%+Service tax conversion charges.
E.g If 4 lakhs is what you require, ensure you talk for 4 lakhs+3.5%+Service tax of 12.35%

If you have a good credit history, Banks will give you this limit increase for a limited Window. of 7, 10 days etc. Remember it takes them minimum of 24 hrs for this to get activated. Plan accordingly

Other alternative would be, American express cards usually do not have upper limit. At the same time ensure you/friend calls American Express CC and inform on this high value transaction. Else they reject if dont without informing.
In India, only city bank will allow to increase credit limit temporarily. No other banks are allowing. I have faced same issue for paying $6125. Finally my friend in Australia paid for me and I have transferred money to him to indian bank account.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In India, only city bank will allow to increase credit limit temporarily. No other banks are allowing. I have faced same issue for paying $6125. Finally my friend in Australia paid for me and I have transferred money to him to indian bank account.
I hold a Kotak card and they were happy to increase the limit when contacted last week. As said, if the credit history is good, they will not deny. You can give a try.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If VISA fee is below 5000 AUD then I would say to go for forex travel card...that's the best option to save mark up charges.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi

you can request any of your friends in either USA/Aus/UK to pay the fee through their credit card. possibly they will have a minimum of 5000$ credit limit. Recently I have paid 6125$ in same way. hope it helps.
Hello Maruthipanyam,
I am in USA and would like to know whether your friend who paid for you is/was in USA too? If yes, do you know if s/he paid any foreign transaction fee for using the credit/debit card from USA to AUS?

Thanks,
PJS

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Maruthipanyam,
I am in USA and would like to know whether your friend who paid for you is/was in USA too? If yes, do you know if s/he paid any foreign transaction fee for using the credit/debit card from USA to AUS?

Thanks,
PJS
Hi
My friend were in Australia at the time of VISA payment. So didn't get any transaction charges. If you pay from USA, definitely foreign transaction charges will be there.

Regards
Maruthi.P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts