Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have cleared my IELTS, then applied for ACS and got a positive result for 261313.
Now,I would like to know generally what kind of job verification that DIAC does?..And recently have any expats here had a job verification from DIAC ? If yes, pls share their experiences..thnx!

IELTS: L:8 W:7 R:7.5 W:7- 7.5(O) | ACS :20Aug - 20Nov 2013(+ve) | EOI::whistle: |

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi bravokal,

first of all, job verification is not performed for all applications. If your documentation is clear and presented well you should have a better chance of making it through without it. However, you should prepare your references for the contingency. Make sure that the contact details on the reference letters (phone, email etc.) are up to date and tell the references to expect calls or mails during the next couple of months. If the CO cannot reach your references that will look bad. Usually, DIBP will only want to confirm some details such as employment periods and tasks/responsibilities. But I've heard that some company's were inspected in person - this should happen but rarely, though ;).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bravokal,

first of all, job verification is not performed for all applications. If your documentation is clear and presented well you should have a better chance of making it through without it. However, you should prepare your references for the contingency. Make sure that the contact details on the reference letters (phone, email etc.) are up to date and tell the references to expect calls or mails during the next couple of months. If the CO cannot reach your references that will look bad. Usually, DIBP will only want to confirm some details such as employment periods and tasks/responsibilities. But I've heard that some company's were inspected in person - this should happen but rarely, though ;).

Cheers,
Monika

Great!!..Thnx for ur reply Monika!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts