Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I am new to this site and this is my first thread.

I will be applying for 176 subclass VIsa in couple of months (need to apply before June) before the rules changes. I have a query.

As per my ACS result, the total experience is coming exactly 8 years - whole of what was submitted as per the documents. This is dated 22 Dec 2011 and i m in continued employment in the same skill.

Now, my question is - if ACS gave me full credit of 8 out of 8 years, is there a possibility that DIAC officer will still reduce this and allocate me only 10 points or is that letter is suffecient to gain 15 points per per the points test guidelines.

It says towards the end that the final decision in awarding points remains with the DIAC. I am in a fix as i will be getting exactly 65 points post i get a state sponsorship. Kindly help me understand this.

Regards,
RS

·
Registered
179 Posts

I will be applying for 176 subclass VIsa in couple of months (need to apply before June) before the rules changes. I have a query.

As per my ACS result, the total experience is coming exactly 8 years - whole of what was submitted as per the documents. This is dated 22 Dec 2011 and i m in continued employment in the same skill.

Now, my question is - if ACS gave me full credit of 8 out of 8 years, is there a possibility that DIAC officer will still reduce this and allocate me only 10 points or is that letter is suffecient to gain 15 points per per the points test guidelines.

It says towards the end that the final decision in awarding points remains with the DIAC. I am in a fix as i will be getting exactly 65 points post i get a state sponsorship. Kindly help me understand this.

Regards,
RS
Ravinder,

I am not an expert, but it will help if you provide detail breakup of 65 points you think you will have?

·
Registered
222 Posts
ravinder608 said:

Regards,
RS
if you are still in the same job, take another exactly same experience letter with present date. your experience will be counted up to your application time. Hopefully, you will be clearly ahead of exactly 8 years. However, CO stills think that you are short of 65 points, you can email him with breakdown of point calculation. I think everything will be clear. KennethFoo forum member have similar type of problem. CO thought that she lags behind point but when she replied email with breakdown points, co agreed and proceeded further.

If I am wrong, experts can extend their hands.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ravinder,

I am not an expert, but it will help if you provide detail breakup of 65 points you think you will have?
Hi, Break up is as follows:
30 for age, 15 for Education (Degree), 15 for experience and 5 for state sponsorship (TBD);

I appeared in IELTS on 10th March but somehow i have a doubt that speaking will not fetch me 7 as required; rest of the modules were OK and am confident in getting 7. I will try attempting once again, however i do not want to loose any time further and want to proceed with filing the VISA.

15 points for experience is the only thing that can be reduced. ACS certified it as 8 years relevant and i can produce the same experience letter that i sent to ACS for DIAC with updates of the last 4-5 months. Also, if you have the experience with DIAC, can you tell me if these clarfications can be made before paying fees to DIAC for VIsa processing?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, Break up is as follows:
30 for age, 15 for Education (Degree), 15 for experience and 5 for state sponsorship (TBD);

I appeared in IELTS on 10th March but somehow i have a doubt that speaking will not fetch me 7 as required; rest of the modules were OK and am confident in getting 7. I will try attempting once again, however i do not want to loose any time further and want to proceed with filing the VISA.

15 points for experience is the only thing that can be reduced. ACS certified it as 8 years relevant and i can produce the same experience letter that i sent to ACS for DIAC with updates of the last 4-5 months. Also, if you have the experience with DIAC, can you tell me if these clarfications can be made before paying fees to DIAC for VIsa processing?
If your letter is dated Dec 2011, then you have few extra months by the time you apply for DIAC. As clerk85 said, you are likely to get 15 points for Work ex.

I had 6.5 years of experience when I applied for ACS in Dec, and they counted it only till Sep 2011. You should be happy that they counted the whole thing for you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI, Luckily i got the 7 band and earned the 10 points there. Now i can apply for 175 as well.

i am filing the 175 VISA this week and have all the documents as per 175 checklist available on DIAC site.

I need to know if i need to follow that checklist as it mentions that it is only for paper filing and there is a separate checklist for online application.

I understand thru my research that the mail confirmation from DIAC on VISA filing will have this checklist. However, i wish to know if somebody already has this checklist. It will be really helpful.

Also, i need to be sure that i have all documents and can produce all of 'em without any delays before investing 3k AUD$.

Kindly help and share the 175 doc checklist for online applications, if you have it available.

Regards,
RS

·
Registered
179 Posts
HI, Luckily i got the 7 band and earned the 10 points there. Now i can apply for 175 as well.

i am filing the 175 VISA this week and have all the documents as per 175 checklist available on DIAC site.

I need to know if i need to follow that checklist as it mentions that it is only for paper filing and there is a separate checklist for online application.

I understand thru my research that the mail confirmation from DIAC on VISA filing will have this checklist. However, i wish to know if somebody already has this checklist. It will be really helpful.

Also, i need to be sure that i have all documents and can produce all of 'em without any delays before investing 3k AUD$.

Kindly help and share the 175 doc checklist for online applications, if you have it available.

Regards,
RS
Why do you want to apply 175 right away? Are you not trying for SS? If you job code is on the NSW list, their processing time is usually up to 4 weeks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why do you want to apply 175 right away? Are you not trying for SS? If you job code is on the NSW list, their processing time is usually up to 4 weeks.
Well, i do not want any restriction to start with. 175 has a benefit that you can find your job anywhere in Australia.

Also, i will loose more time in first submitting application to State and then thier response etc ... Right now i am all set to go for 175. Is it not a preferred VISA, i thought one choose 176 only to qualify on points from state sponsorship (SS) , they require for VISA filing.

Shall i spend time for SS and then apply for visa or go on 175 without any constraint. I know there is longer processing time for 175 but i feel its ok, if i apply this week. I am covering the additional 1.5 months that would go in getting SS.

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
202 Posts
ravinder608 said:
Well, i do not want any restriction to start with. 175 has a benefit that you can find your job anywhere in Australia.

Also, i will loose more time in first submitting application to State and then thier response etc ... Right now i am all set to go for 175. Is it not a preferred VISA, i thought one choose 176 only to qualify on points from state sponsorship (SS) , they require for VISA filing.

Shall i spend time for SS and then apply for visa or go on 175 without any constraint. I know there is longer processing time for 175 but i feel its ok, if i apply this week. I am covering the additional 1.5 months that would go in getting SS.

What do you suggest?
From what I have researched, 176 can fetch you an Australian visa quickly. 175 might take 9-12 months. The only advantage (I understand it's a big one) with 175 is that you can look for jobs all around Australia.

Vijay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I have researched, 176 can fetch you an Australian visa quickly. 175 might take 9-12 months. The only advantage (I understand it's a big one) with 175 is that you can look for jobs all around Australia.

Vijay.
Vijay, thanks for the insight. I have the same info and opinion. I do not want to jeopardize my chances of getting a job in a rush to reach there. With 175, i will stand better chance to settle down there quicker.

the guidelines say that SLA for 176 is 12-15 months while that of 175 is 18 months. So, the 2 months that i will take to get the SS nullifies this advantage anyways.

Hence is my choice to file the VISA immediately. What do you say?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am not an expert but here are some observations:

176 visas are processed very quickly these days, averaging 2 to 3 months from date of application. I have also seen somebody getting it in 20 days in March itself.

175 takes 6-8 months for a case officer to be assigned. DIAC website says that if you have a pending application, it will be processed based on priority rules in effect at the time your visa is processed (not at the time when you apply).

While nobody knows exactly what will happen to outstanding 175/176 applications after July 1, 2012, Implementation of Skill Select (EOI) system is definitely coming. The skill select documentation says that it is recommended that you file an EOI after July 1, 2012 if you have a pending application.

You are right about restriction to live in the state but a lot depends on your job domain and skill set. Some types of jobs are concentrated in Sydney and Melbourne and you are likely to find one there regardless of your visa.

Reactions: rvijaysubs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not an expert but here are some observations:

176 visas are processed very quickly these days, averaging 2 to 3 months from date of application. I have also seen somebody getting it in 20 days in March itself.

175 takes 6-8 months for a case officer to be assigned. DIAC website says that if you have a pending application, it will be processed based on priority rules in effect at the time your visa is processed (not at the time when you apply).

While nobody knows exactly what will happen to outstanding 175/176 applications after July 1, 2012, Implementation of Skill Select (EOI) system is definitely coming. The skill select documentation says that it is recommended that you file an EOI after July 1, 2012 if you have a pending application.

You are right about restriction to live in the state but a lot depends on your job domain and skill set. Some types of jobs are concentrated in Sydney and Melbourne and you are likely to find one there regardless of your visa.

Hi, thanks for sharing your point of view. I think it make sense to go for 176 under these circumstances.

However, i just checked and ICT business analyst role is not listed for NSW, though it is available for Victoria (Melbourne). There is no processing fee and the application is only thru online (nothing to post). Also, the timeline they are qouting is 3 months (2 weeks). Do you suggest to file for Victoria or go with 175 now?

Kindly suggest.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, thanks for sharing your point of view. I think it make sense to go for 176 under these circumstances.

However, i just checked and ICT business analyst role is not listed for NSW, though it is available for Victoria (Melbourne). There is no processing fee and the application is only thru online (nothing to post). Also, the timeline they are qouting is 3 months (2 weeks). Do you suggest to file for Victoria or go with 175 now?

Kindly suggest.
Victoria can take upto 12 weeks and they take at least 7-8 weeks. If you already have IELTS and ACS, then it might be worth a try.

You have following options :
- Apply for VIC but keep everything ready for 175. If you don't get a result by May end (or a deadline of your choice), you can go for 175. (e.g. bangalg on this forum has recently applied for 175 for ICT BA)

- Apply for 175 online. Apply for VIC SS. When you get the result , apply for 176 paper application. Note that if you apply for 176 later, you have to pay for that as well.

There are a few threads about 175 vs 176 and another one with people who have applied for both. Please read those.

If you are applying for VIC, you must first read some threads on VIC SS. VIC has high rejection rate and two things you to keep in mind :
1) If you have any friends/relatives living outside VIC, don't mention it otherwise it will delay or result in rejection.

2) Provide a cover letter mentioning why you want to move to VIC (this is not mandatory but makes your application stronger. stormgal on this forum got her VIC SS in 3 weeks I guess and she provided such a letter).

·
Registered
179 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.