Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for DIAC to make any rule changes overnight (without prior notice). I got an EOI and am planning to take some time before lodging (while I arrange the money). And I was worried what if DIAC changes the rules before I can lodge. The rules which would affect me would be if DIAC made at least a year of experience in the selected occupation compulsory (I have the points without work experience), or if DIAC made it compulsory that after grant of visa the person has to work in the selected occupation only. Should I worry and lodge the visa as fast as possible or can I take it easy?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is it possible for DIAC to make any rule changes overnight (without prior notice). I got an EOI and am planning to take some time before lodging (while I arrange the money). And I was worried what if DIAC changes the rules before I can lodge. The rules which would affect me would be if DIAC made at least a year of experience in the selected occupation compulsory (I have the points without work experience), or if DIAC made it compulsory that after grant of visa the person has to work in the selected occupation only. Should I worry and lodge the visa as fast as possible or can I take it easy?
Hi,

Changes would normally be announced a few months before, although they're Rules are always changing. i remember when i applied for mine many years ago, i thought all was well, then few months before that they introduced the priority scheme, and kinda messed up my plans. And 2 years on, they introduced the EOI system. Not too sure what will be instore in the next few years.

My advice- once you have everything ready, lodge it in as soon as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts