Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newbie for this forum. I am exploring migration option to Australia.
I am software Engineer with 10+ years of experience in IT.
I am completing 39years by 10th March 2012, I would like to know how many points will be awarded for age group 39-40 years.
As per DIAC site :
33-39 years 25
40 – 44 years 15

I will take decision based on your inputs.

if I get 15 points for my age, then I have to score 8 band in each modules of IELTS that is very difficult for me.
I can easily score 65 points if I get 25 points for my age with 7 each in IELLTS.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shel

Still I am confused :confused:

In general, for any calculation we consider 39.4 is equal to 39 and 39.6 is equal to 40.
I am wondering whether same kind of arithmetic is applied for age calculation also. If yes then I can get 25points.
I am completing 39years by 10th March 2012. (My DOB : 10th March 1973)
How many points I can claim if i apply after 11th March 2012 and before 31st May 2012 ?

G

·
Why are you trying to complicate things? You are 39 whillst you are 39 you are 40 when you are 40. 39.6 does not equal 40 in the world I live in?

Apply before you are 40 you get more points, apply on or after your 40th birthday you get less.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi delhibell,

In regards to age, you don't round to the next whole number. I have a technical background and know where you are getting that rounding to the whole number and it depends if it's higher or lower than .5

But you can't consider that someone that is 39 yrs and 6 months old to be age 40? What about the other 6 months that this person is still 39? As we all know 12months = 1 yr.

For anyone still confused about this, what ever age (whole number) you are now, that is what your years will be in the age calculation. No matter how many days or months you are after the whole number, it does not matter. Do not compare age with how you round out numbers for financial/technical calculations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.