Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

diac have listed new priority processing list!

15K views 75 replies 23 participants last post by  siandkim 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Lot's of changes, mainly you'll pretty much need to be on CSL or Employer Sponsored to get priority processing.

And the most common upcoming question from forum members:
The changes take effect from 23 September 2009 and apply to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the Department) on or after this date. The changes also apply to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalised.

For those not on priority lists you're looking at 2011 and 2012 for case finalisation (it's in the FAQ). Read it thoroughly and I think some of you have some serious decision-making to do. The New Zealand option (become NZ PR, then NZ Citizen) now becomes more viable for some.

#21 ·
Yes i am also the same situations,but the FSL is coming on oct31,is it come or not?
How can state sponsor get the visa after completing the medical and pcc finalized?
Ritu

#4 ·
we have applied for 475 visa and our occupation is not on the csl list and my wife called diac 2 weeks ago and they said we should hopefully have a case officer in 2 to 4 weeks. and that our visa was in the processing area! also on the check visa website it says medicals finalised!
i dont know if this will affect us or not? any ideas? or maybe we have to wait up to a year and we will have to do our medicaals again?

#5 ·
If I did a strict interpretation of the FAQ that means 2011 for your case finalisation, even if it's in the processing area it's not finalised.

To be honest it's anyones guess at this point, this regulation just came out today and this is the first time I've seen DIAC push the dates out +2 yrs and higher.

#6 ·
Hi,

while trying to digest the whole Q&A, would appreciate if anyone could help me to understand what do they mean in FAQ Q2-item 6.

6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)
and
(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

Are 6 (i) and (ii) given same priorpty OR it means something else.

Thanks so much.

M

#9 ·
ouch.. they have moved non CSL but state sponsored apps back as well.. this is insane!!
ok, change in plans for many like me.. atleast things are clearer and people wont expect it to happen in coming days.

#11 ·
that is priority 5 but it still is before MODL, it a few days/weeks things will be clear but i dont think sponsored application (non CSL) would take more thn 6-8 months. currently it takes 2-3 months and I suppose they have done this because of the application rush for state sponsorship..

#12 ·
we submitted our 475 visa august 22nd 2009! ours is state sponsorship i dont think timeline means anything anymore! its all changed!!

so close but now so far!!!

actually i wouldnt even believe what they say now! they might change it again in 6 months or more and have to wait longer and longer!!

#13 ·
again if u note, state sponsored (non CSL) comes before MODL, and they dont plan to touch modls right now, if one thinks logically, the time they take for these apps wud be 5-6 months instead of the current 2-3 months.

#14 ·
ah yes, I missed that... maybe it won't take as long then, although they say CSL applications will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date, so probably take a year or so for non CSL state sponsored??

If I switched to state sponsorship do they take into account the date I applied for my 175? or is it just like starting over? I applied in early march this year

#17 ·
no mat, i think, and as i was told by my agent, they consider ur lodgement date, just that your application gets converted from 175 to 176, i am not a pro at this, i have become so positive in everything off late, i miss being negative at times :)
my logic says, if the state has approved the skill and sponsored the application, it means the state needs that skill, irrespective of CSL or non CSL, so they wont hold the application for years. right now people are getting visa in about 2-3 months from date of lodgement of the application. If you see Aurtita's timeline, she got the state sponsorship in July, 23rd to be precise and she got the visa on 22nd September, which means 2 months flat. now after the new processing timeline, they might take a couple of months more thn current, say 4-6 or maybe 8 months.

I so hope i am right in my head :) and trust me, this is the best for everyone, haven't u seen people who have their visas in hand are reluctant to go because of the bad market.. as my agent says, they are just trying to reduce the number of visas so that the economy that is now getting better, wont go for better to worse. if they remove priority processing, there would be more people moving there which means the unemployment rate would rise drastically.

#19 ·
doing?? we applied 6 months back.. they were holding the IT apps for some reason, which I believe was to figure out which skills should be with a limited quota and which should be open, I guess they are starting the processing now. so we are hopeful we will hear form them soon, they did ask for asset proofs again since we gave all proofs 5 months back, probably they want to make sure we are still as rich :p

#23 ·
If your application fall into one of the priority categories (sponsorship), then it will not be the case.

extract from the faq:
Q11 My application does not fall into one of the priority categories. When can I expect to have my application finalised?

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2011.

#22 ·
do u think they would wait for 3 yrs if the state wants the skill right now? why would the state have the skill in their list if they have the skill to fill jobs right now. it is contradictory, and this doesnt state GSM with state sponsored would be processed after/in 2012.

#24 ·
Yes You are quite right. But DIAC likely to implement according to the minister's direction. As you said I agree this is not practical, but who knows; They are currently targeting only a set of occupations.

:confused2:

#25 ·
be positive and good things happen.

#26 ·
I believe the CSL list for Computer Professionals has not changed... and by God's grace the Priority of CSL applicants has moved one step up.

#27 ·
yes cintai, it hasn't changed but from what i have read, it is due to change soon. keep your fingers crossed.

#29 ·
yes the CSL is due to change, they were to review it in September, it is possible that they change, or incase they feel the current list is alright, they might not.

#31 ·
i have the reading bug, i have been on this forum for about 3 yrs now. most of my info is from here. and ofcourse blogs and the immi site.

#33 ·
Regional Sponsorship

Hi Anj

Presently I have SA State Sponsorship (Accountant MODL) and as per the present priority list will be processed in the 5th category only. Second category in the new list is for REgional Sponsored cases. This means that all 475 provisional visa applicants will be processed faster?? Really confused now... Not interested for Provisional visas... but to wait for another 2-3 years... that is also an issue... by that time again new changes will come.... whats ur opinion?? for going for 475 regional sponsorship

#34 ·
Hi satish, i just spoke to my agent, he says u r right, they wont take longer for state sponsored non CSL apps. not longer thn 8-12 months
relax, dont worry

#39 ·
i dont know what to do...even if i go for State sponsored(non CSL) then too it wll take 2012..:(:(:(:(..only one way is left that is prayers.....that they include my occupation in the MODL list..

#36 ·
oy vey. seriously, they better not take out any of the current occupation on the csl. they can add more occupations in, but please dear god, do not let them change the csl where some occupations are taken out.

it has been 3.5 months since i applied and im already getting antsy. only now i find out that i might have to wait 12 months or more depending on if they have change the csl or not. people like anj who have been waiting for over a year, kudos to you for your patience bc i sure as heck dont have it like urs.

#37 ·
tilla will it affect the processing if i go on a panic spree?? being composed is the thing for me, this way atleast i can look for a backup plan..

#40 ·
true, it wont have any affect on the processing, and thats why i said kudos to your patience and composure. unfortunately my backup plan would have been canada until i realized they changed their rules and now my occupation is out from their own list.

damn these occupation lists these countries have. atleast with solely the points system, you were assured that you will get your visa and quickly too by passing the points mark. now, you have to be in these lists that for one country detrmines if you can apply at all while for another it determines how long you will be in the queue to get your visa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.