Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Lot's of changes, mainly you'll pretty much need to be on CSL or Employer Sponsored to get priority processing.

And the most common upcoming question from forum members:
The changes take effect from 23 September 2009 and apply to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the Department) on or after this date. The changes also apply to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalised.

For those not on priority lists you're looking at 2011 and 2012 for case finalisation (it's in the FAQ). Read it thoroughly and I think some of you have some serious decision-making to do. The New Zealand option (become NZ PR, then NZ Citizen) now becomes more viable for some.

new diac priority processing list! starting from today 23rd september 2009!!
all changed now!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

·
Registered
619 Posts
new diac priority processing list! starting from today 23rd september 2009!!
all changed now!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf
Well, thanks DIAC for the bad news:

"If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012."

Anyone want to watch a grown man cry?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we have applied for 475 visa and our occupation is not on the csl list and my wife called diac 2 weeks ago and they said we should hopefully have a case officer in 2 to 4 weeks. and that our visa was in the processing area! also on the check visa website it says medicals finalised!
i dont know if this will affect us or not? any ideas? or maybe we have to wait up to a year and we will have to do our medicaals again?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
If I did a strict interpretation of the FAQ that means 2011 for your case finalisation, even if it's in the processing area it's not finalised.

To be honest it's anyones guess at this point, this regulation just came out today and this is the first time I've seen DIAC push the dates out +2 yrs and higher.

we have applied for 475 visa and our occupation is not on the csl list and my wife called diac 2 weeks ago and they said we should hopefully have a case officer in 2 to 4 weeks. and that our visa was in the processing area! also on the check visa website it says medicals finalised!
i dont know if this will affect us or not? any ideas? or maybe we have to wait up to a year and we will have to do our medicaals again?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

while trying to digest the whole Q&A, would appreciate if anyone could help me to understand what do they mean in FAQ Q2-item 6.

6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)
and
(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

Are 6 (i) and (ii) given same priorpty OR it means something else.

Thanks so much.

M

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, it means 6i and 6ii get the same priority level.

Hi,

while trying to digest the whole Q&A, would appreciate if anyone could help me to understand what do they mean in FAQ Q2-item 6.

6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)
and
(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

Are 6 (i) and (ii) given same priorpty OR it means something else.

Thanks so much.

M

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

May I know when did you submit your applicaiton for 475 visa? state sponsorship or family member sponsorsip? I have submitted 475 visa too. Hope to get some info on the timeline from you. thanks.

M

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ouch.. they have moved non CSL but state sponsored apps back as well.. this is insane!!
ok, change in plans for many like me.. atleast things are clearer and people wont expect it to happen in coming days.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ouch.. they have moved non CSL but state sponsored apps back as well.. this is insane!!
ok, change in plans for many like me.. atleast things are clearer and people wont expect it to happen in coming days.
yeah, my initial thought was to switch to ACT sponsorship, but that is only a priority 5 which will take almost as long. I think my wife will end up getting a student visa so we can move in the summer, and just wait for my 175 to be processed in 2012

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
that is priority 5 but it still is before MODL, it a few days/weeks things will be clear but i dont think sponsored application (non CSL) would take more thn 6-8 months. currently it takes 2-3 months and I suppose they have done this because of the application rush for state sponsorship..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we submitted our 475 visa august 22nd 2009! ours is state sponsorship i dont think timeline means anything anymore! its all changed!!

so close but now so far!!!

actually i wouldnt even believe what they say now! they might change it again in 6 months or more and have to wait longer and longer!!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
again if u note, state sponsored (non CSL) comes before MODL, and they dont plan to touch modls right now, if one thinks logically, the time they take for these apps wud be 5-6 months instead of the current 2-3 months.

·
Registered
619 Posts
again if u note, state sponsored (non CSL) comes before MODL, and they dont plan to touch modls right now, if one thinks logically, the time they take for these apps wud be 5-6 months instead of the current 2-3 months.
ah yes, I missed that... maybe it won't take as long then, although they say CSL applications will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date, so probably take a year or so for non CSL state sponsored??

If I switched to state sponsorship do they take into account the date I applied for my 175? or is it just like starting over? I applied in early march this year

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we can pray and hope cant we!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well looks like CSL is the way to go other than getting an arranged employment. Computer Professionals can try to get themselves onto the MODL, which would get them onto the CSL right? Anyway that's what I'll be targeting, try to build on my Solaris knowledge.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no mat, i think, and as i was told by my agent, they consider ur lodgement date, just that your application gets converted from 175 to 176, i am not a pro at this, i have become so positive in everything off late, i miss being negative at times :)
my logic says, if the state has approved the skill and sponsored the application, it means the state needs that skill, irrespective of CSL or non CSL, so they wont hold the application for years. right now people are getting visa in about 2-3 months from date of lodgement of the application. If you see Aurtita's timeline, she got the state sponsorship in July, 23rd to be precise and she got the visa on 22nd September, which means 2 months flat. now after the new processing timeline, they might take a couple of months more thn current, say 4-6 or maybe 8 months.

I so hope i am right in my head :) and trust me, this is the best for everyone, haven't u seen people who have their visas in hand are reluctant to go because of the bad market.. as my agent says, they are just trying to reduce the number of visas so that the economy that is now getting better, wont go for better to worse. if they remove priority processing, there would be more people moving there which means the unemployment rate would rise drastically.

·
Registered
619 Posts
no mat, i think, and as i was told by my agent, they consider ur lodgement date, just that your application gets converted from 175 to 176, i am not a pro at this, i have become so positive in everything off late, i miss being negative at times :)
my logic says, if the state has approved the skill and sponsored the application, it means the state needs that skill, irrespective of CSL or non CSL, so they wont hold the application for years. right now people are getting visa in about 2-3 months from date of lodgement of the application. If you see Aurtita's timeline, she got the state sponsorship in July, 23rd to be precise and she got the visa on 22nd September, which means 2 months flat. now after the new processing timeline, they might take a couple of months more thn current, say 4-6 or maybe 8 months.

I so hope i am right in my head :) and trust me, this is the best for everyone, haven't u seen people who have their visas in hand are reluctant to go because of the bad market.. as my agent says, they are just trying to reduce the number of visas so that the economy that is now getting better, wont go for better to worse. if they remove priority processing, there would be more people moving there which means the unemployment rate would rise drastically.
are you doing ACT sponsorship now too?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
doing?? we applied 6 months back.. they were holding the IT apps for some reason, which I believe was to figure out which skills should be with a limited quota and which should be open, I guess they are starting the processing now. so we are hopeful we will hear form them soon, they did ask for asset proofs again since we gave all proofs 5 months back, probably they want to make sure we are still as rich :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Anj1976

Even it is in the 5th place DIAC saying they won't process Non CSl untill end of 2012.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 76 Posts