Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am on UC 457 with 6 yrs of exp (3yr Offshore, 3yrs in Australia +), I have recently ACS skilled assessment is suitable for Migration, but 6yrs of my exp was taken off since my degree is non relevant. But I have been working on UC 457 in Melbourne,Australia since 3+ yrs. So Can I expect DIAC will consider my Australian experience, or will it go with ACS assessment result.

I have also got state sponsorship. I have been working on the same skill code for 3 yrs which then DIAC has to consider (Who accepted me to enter Australia and work on the skilled code)

also I have noticed in my ACS skills assessment result form below wording, which it has to be DIAC call at the end to reward points.

"Please note that Department of immigration and citizenship reserves the right to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.
While ACS is authorized to assess ICT skills assessments, The final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration."

Please suggest and provide DIAC contact, I wanted to make sure before I launch final application.

·
Registered
350 Posts
This is a standard text they put on all assessments they issue. You should not worry about it. Just fill the EOI and, at the end, the system will tell you how many points you have, before submiting it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a standard text they put on all assessments they issue. You should not worry about it. Just fill the EOI and, at the end, the system will tell you how many points you have, before submiting it.
Thank you.
Are you suggesting me to quote my actual experience and not as per ACS which deducted my actual experience. If i add my actual exp of 3 years in melbourne i will get 10 points. But ACS has considered my education not relevant to Ananlyst programmer and deducted my experience. So as per ACS '0' exp and no points and as per actual scenario 3 years of Indian exp and 3 years of Australian exp i will get 10 points (UC457 as Analysts programmer)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. There are several other threads here on this forums about this and it seems that normally DIAC will consider the total experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adding update - I had spoken to DIAC over phone today, and they clearly stated that they consider assessing body decision only, they do believe that they are good in evaluating exp relevant to Skilled code applied. "I had stressed the point that in ACS result form there is a not saying final decision of awarding points remains with DIAC ", which then the reply is certainly but still they do follow ACS .. which in case I can not claim my exp. in EOI for Subclass190.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I would like to go ahead and give a try for EOI, but I really wanted to seek a professional advice, may be with lawyer.. I am keep trying for ielts because for profitable business they are not promoting me with .5 difference, I am lost hope on IELTS already paid for 7 attempts. Any how This is only my way now.. Appreciate if anyone had this situation and request your suggestions..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts