Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read somewhere shockingly that DIAC sometimes may call the applicant for verification.
Has this happened to anyone here?
What are the chances of getting a call from DIAC and when & why would they call?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi,

I read somewhere shockingly that DIAC sometimes may call the applicant for verification.
What are the chances of getting a call from DIAC and when & why would they call?
Not the applicant but the employer that the applicant had claimed to work and submitted the documents such as offer letter, reference letters and other statements to verify the genuineness. There is nothing to be surprised in that, it's of course part of their protocol. However, it happens only for few selected applicants if the CO feels something fishy about the documents.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Hi,

Why its shocking?? They are issuing Permanent Immigration Visa to the applicant, surely they need to be confirmed first about the applicant's identity.

Yes they may call, to you or to your Referee, it is normal and just answer as usual, its not an exam.

Reactions: r_saraj and jre05

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why its shocking?? They are issuing Permanent Immigration Visa to the applicant, surely they need to be confirmed first about the applicant's identity.

Yes they may call, to you or to your Referee, it is normal and just answer as usual, its not an exam.

Shocking, because previously i haven't heard an applicant getting a call from DIAC.Maybe, its a rarity.

G

·
Happens all the time. They have various methods of checking you actually worked somewhere but sometimes they need to phone or even visit to verify the company exists and you worked there to back your claim for points and qualifying criteria for the visa. To be expected really.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happens all the time. They have various methods of checking you actually worked somewhere but sometimes they need to phone or even visit to verify the company exists and you worked there to back your claim for points and qualifying criteria for the visa. To be expected really.

I was referring to an applicant getting a call on his number from DIAC and not to the company that he is working for..i know that DIAC generally calls/emails/personally verifies with the company an applicant has worked for..hope i have cleared myself..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I was referring to an applicant getting a call on his number from DIAC and not to the company that he is working for..i know that DIAC generally calls/emails/personally verifies with the company an applicant has worked for..hope i have cleared myself..:rolleyes:
Be ready to expect a call from DIAC :) Not many people have chance to speak to COs :) You may get it if luck permits :) :) :typing: So always be online on Mobile.

Bad thing with me is, I mostly try to keep my mobile silent when I sleep at night. I never want to be disturbed while I sleep :tape: :couch2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be ready to expect a call from DIAC :) Not many people have chance to speak to COs :) You may get it if luck permits :) :) :typing: So always be online on Mobile.

Bad thing with me is, I mostly try to keep my mobile silent when I sleep at night. I never want to be disturbed while I sleep :tape: :couch2:

ya right..i hope its a lady..so,i can ask her out..u know.. :couch2:..
ad if this really happens that would be really bad for you..:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
ya right..i hope its a lady..so,i can ask her out..u know.. :couch2:..
ad if this really happens that would be really bad for you..:rolleyes2:
lol they are really beautiful ladies I must say lol , you'll be lucky ;) :yo:

lol yes I would be in deep sleep and I do not attend calls. But yes, I will not keep my phone silent from the moment I lodge Visa ;) Until I get visa ;) I will have sleepless nights in joy :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts