Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if we are required to mention on our DIAC application that we are putting our papers for state sponsorship as well?

Will DIAC reject our application if in parallel we try for state sponsorship?

Would anyone know regarding this case :confused:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
why are you so bothered about not letting DIAC know about the state sponsorship? we applied for 175 in sept 2008, in april we applied for state sponsorship for ACT, once we got it, our application was converted form 175 to 176, end of the day that is the reason why you are applying for the ss..

its not clear why you want to hide it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if we are required to mention on our DIAC application that we are putting our papers for state sponsorship as well?

Thanks in advance
DIAC should not reject your visa application on the sole basis that you are applying for state sponsorship in parallel with your visa application.

Good luck.

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
tell me one thing peter, how much time according to you should category 5 take? I spoke to julianne from ACT, she says anything between 10 months to 3 years, which was a bit vague :p

Life has come to a halt,, like i said, buying a car, (my current one is making me go mad by the day) and so many other things.. i feel, i am nowhere

·
Registered
33 Posts
tell me one thing peter, how much time according to you should category 5 take? I spoke to julianne from ACT, she says anything between 10 months to 3 years, which was a bit vague :p

Life has come to a halt,, like i said, buying a car, (my current one is making me go mad by the day) and so many other things.. i feel, i am nowhere
DIAC visa processing priorities are not determined by the states or territories, but by the (federal) minister of immigration.

Right now, state sponsored folks who do not have an occupation on the CSL can expect to wait for three years or so. That's the current official estimates.

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
thanks peter.. i thought as much :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
why are you so bothered about not letting DIAC know about the state sponsorship? we applied for 175 in sept 2008, in april we applied for state sponsorship for ACT, once we got it, our application was converted form 175 to 176, end of the day that is the reason why you are applying for the ss..

its not clear why you want to hide it?
Hey Anj,

I am not worried of concealing my SS.. What I wanted to know is ... will it be taken as offence at later stages?

I was not sure, hence I asked this question, what path to take:

Either, apply for DIAC and SS parallely, or wait for SS then apply for DIAC once we have SS apply for correct subclass i.e. 176.

What I understand from Anj and PC is that we can do both in parallel, and DIAC will not take it as offence.

Thanks,
Rif

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Rif,

This is a very common practice, you should not be worried about this, this is permitted by DIAC throught change of circumstances, you can upgrade ur application.

Regards,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Peter,

Could you please advise for my case, all timlines are mentioned in my signatures....

Also, is there any way to get my TRN number from my File Number as my application is lodged paper based....so cant check status online:mad:

Thanks in anticipation.

DIAC should not reject your visa application on the sole basis that you are applying for state sponsorship in parallel with your visa application.

Good luck.

Regards
Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts