Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have read many posts and already learnt lot on the subject. I have applied ACS skill assesment and hoping for a MODL/CSL nomination by Feb 2010.

I have a question on DIAC application, regarding the points be allocated. Wanting to know your comments. Appreciate the help in advance !

I can score following points if I get CSL/MODL assesement from ACS & good IELTS.

Occupation (60)
Work Experience (10)
Demand List - Java (15)
English Language (15) -- Assuming i only get 6.5 each

To score 120 minimum, I need another 20.
My Birth is on June-1975. So I will be excatly 35 by June-2010.

DIAC says
30-34 Years ... 25 Points
35-39 Years ... 20 Points

If I apply by March-2010,(At that time I am 34+) will I be able to score 25 for Age ? Or Only 20 ?

Is the Age calculated based on the application lodging date ? Or Processing date of the application ?
If its based on the processing date, Am I going risky here, considering the fact current processing delays for General Skill Migration.
But I assume I will be categorized as CSL 175 visa.

Thx

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The age is based on the application lodgement date (when DIAC receives the application and assigns you a number).

Hi All

I have read many posts and already learnt lot on the subject. I have applied ACS skill assesment and hoping for a MODL/CSL nomination by Feb 2010.

I have a question on DIAC application, regarding the points be allocated. Wanting to know your comments. Appreciate the help in advance !

I can score following points if I get CSL/MODL assesement from ACS & good IELTS.

Occupation (60)
Work Experience (10)
Demand List - Java (15)
English Language (15) -- Assuming i only get 6.5 each

To score 120 minimum, I need another 20.
My Birth is on June-1975. So I will be excatly 35 by June-2010.

DIAC says
30-34 Years ... 25 Points
35-39 Years ... 20 Points

If I apply by March-2010,(At that time I am 34+) will I be able to score 25 for Age ? Or Only 20 ?

Is the Age calculated based on the application lodging date ? Or Processing date of the application ?
If its based on the processing date, Am I going risky here, considering the fact current processing delays for General Skill Migration.
But I assume I will be categorized as CSL 175 visa.

Thx

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's correct. The age is based on the application lodgement date and for online applications the lodgement date is when you make payment and receive your TRN.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
for more points you can try getting state sponsorship if your skill is on the state demand list.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the clarification.

Ok i have to wait for CSL nomination. And should ready for IELTS and documents required for DIAC Online application.

Thanks again...!:clap2::clap2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts