Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Been offered a job, £36000 48 hour week ticket at start & end of contract (12 month) & one return to homeland dutring contract.
30 days paid holiday & 15 sick. What do people think; is this tax free or, as am earning £40000 now, should I decline.

Also, accommodation in this area; if I go would need to rent furnished, all responses gratefully accepted :heh::)

Thank you

·
Registered
77 Posts
36k tax free (only approx 50-55k) isn't enough i would stay with your 40k job as it might be difficult to find a similar 40k job when you return home. but it depends entirely on your life style if its all about the money then it's not worth it but if it's a lifestyle change then give it a go. Also it's expensive here so your money doesn't stretch as far, i personally wouldn't be able to accept 36k I would look more for 50-60k tax free to make it worth the ball ache of moving here and returning with something to show for it

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,932 Posts
Hello

Been offered a job, £36000 48 hour week ticket at start & end of contract (12 month) & one return to homeland dutring contract.
30 days paid holiday & 15 sick. What do people think; is this tax free or, as am earning £40000 now, should I decline.

Also, accommodation in this area; if I go would need to rent furnished, all responses gratefully accepted :heh::)

Thank you
Hi,
Where is your homeland?
The salary is not that generous - especially if you want to rent your own furnished accommodation - that will cost around 6000 AED per month out of your 17000 AED salary.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts