Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some background info first:

Neither my wife nor I come from the country where we live. We don't have any relatives in this country either. We're also not from the same country as each other.

Since the birth of our first child, we've been thinking about things like a will and legal guardians, etc.

We're planning to talk with one of my siblings in America to ask if they would like to become the legal guardian of our son if anything ever happened to the both of us.

My question is this:

What sort of document would we require to ensure that the local authorities would recognize who it is we wish our son to go to? Is this something that can be covered in an official will/testament?
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.